What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 2/16/2021 at 9:56 PM, Russel Coight said:

I just kind of think of it as a running series ya know? The total mcu runtime pre-wandavison is 50ish hours. Breaking bad has a total runtime of 62 hours. If you didn’t hear about Breaking Bad until season 5 started you wouldn’t be irritated about having to catch up on seasons 1-4 first. Each mcu “phase” Is basically a tv season just with movie length episodes or whatever.

I get that it’s different watching tv episodes vs movies but that’s just how I see it and pretty sure how it’s meant to be viewed. You’re either in it fully or not at all. But I wouldn’t just jump into a tv show midway through season 6 and just expect to enjoy it the same as people that have watched from season 1.

It's weird how people will binge watch 7 SEASONS of a TV show on Netflix, but then act like 2 hour+ movies are cruel and unusual punishment. Attention spans are atrocious these days..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's weird how people will binge watch 7 SEASONS of a TV show on Netflix, but then act like 2 hour+ movies are cruel and unusual punishment. Attention spans are atrocious these days..

It's because its an awful lot of 2+ hour movies just to watch a different 2 hour film or series. 

Watching a few seasons of a show is chill if you're into it, and if your not you just don't watch it - it doesn't immediately lock you out of watching a shit load of other things. 

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's because its an awful lot of 2+ hour movies just to watch a different 2 hour film or series. 

Watching a few seasons of a show is chill if you're into it, and if your not you just don't watch it - it doesn't immediately lock you out of watching a shit load of other things. 

This. You don’t have to commit to television to enjoy it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kay said:

No I totally get what you were saying in your post, I was just making a general comment.

• Like 1

Just now, Nasa said:

people who put on a movie and then take out their phone to scroll through Twitter the whole time will never cease to mystify me.

I do shit like this all the time. I use it for the background noise, never because I actually want to watch the movie.

14 minutes ago, Nasa said:

people who put on a movie and then take out their phone to scroll through Twitter the whole time will never cease to mystify me.

I only do that if the movie sucks but I'm watching with others who are enjoying it. 

37 minutes ago, Nasa said:

The scroll scroll refresh phone addiction is bad news. it's like a brain pacifier. It's getting to where people can't even perform simple tasks like eating without doing the phone thing simultaneously

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpinUpSpeedo said:

I do shit like this all the time. I use it for the background noise, never because I actually want to watch the movie.

yeah, i don't get that. if i put on a movie, it's to watch the movie. reminds me of when my roommate's friend told her she bought a switch to have something to do while watching TV, as if watching TV was not the thing you'd be doing. so weird.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

The scroll scroll refresh phone addiction is bad news. it's like a brain pacifier. It's getting to where people can't even perform simple tasks like eating without doing the phone thing simultaneously

exactly. people who are on their phone while they're doing anything with me - talking to me, eating dinner with me, etc - bug the shit out of me. if you're not fully checked into our conversation, then fuck off, lmao. harsh i know, but if you can't go a full IRL conversation without checking facebook, i don't want to hang out with you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nasa said:

yeah, i don't get that. if i put on a movie, it's to watch the movie. reminds me of when my roommate's friend told her she bought a switch to have something to do while watching TV, as if watching TV was not the thing you'd be doing. so weird.

Years of playing in bands and listening to loud music without protection has given me a constant ringing in my ears. The TV is on to counteract this. It sucks laying there in total silence trying to read or browse my phone with "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" going on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been watching twin peaks after you guys were raving about it, i was hooked for about a week thought it was great and now im like on season 2 episode 14 and havnt watched it for weeks, i just dont get what it is anymore lol and where its actually going.. please say it gets better lol

Like the whole first act is kind of over and i thought season 2 was ending there but its like the production company said we want another 12 episodes make shit up lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Been watching twin peaks after you guys were raving about it, i was hooked for about a week thought it was great and now im like on season 2 episode 14 and havnt watched it for weeks, i just dont get what it is anymore lol and where its actually going.. please say it gets better lol

Like the whole first act is kind of over and i thought season 2 was ending there but its like the production company said we want another 12 episodes make shit up lol

Yeah, it takes a big dip in the middle of season 2, but picks up again near the end of the season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nasa said:

i finished Schitt's Creek a while back, it was pretty good. i enjoyed the character arcs a lot. 

My wife has been binging the hell out of this show. I'd probably enjoy it if I had caught the first few seasons. Also, sometimes Katherine O'Hara reminds me of Ghostface.

2 hours ago, Brad Religion said:

My wife has been binging the hell out of this show. I'd probably enjoy it if I had caught the first few seasons. Also, sometimes Katherine O'Hara reminds me of Ghostface.

that's a funny coincidence, i was just talking about Scream with a friend last night. is it good?

16 minutes ago, Nasa said:

that's a funny coincidence, i was just talking about Scream with a friend last night. is it good?

It's good if you're into the self-aware horror/slasher kind of thing. It's probably not as good as it seemed to us old folks back in the day though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's good if you're into the self-aware horror/slasher kind of thing. It's probably not as good as it seemed to us old folks back in the day though.

Nostalgia can be a real bitch.

I haven't seen it since before you were born, @Nasa! Lol

I enjoyed it then and I like to think I'd enjoy it now.

• Haha 2