What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

Formula F1: Drive to Survive. I've been itching to get into a new "sport", and F1 always seemed interesting to me. It's a docu-series on Netflix that follows the different teams, drivers, and races. Not totally hooked on it yet but it was entertaining enough to have on in the background. 

6 hours ago, thongrider said:

I put this on my list. Started watching it now. I know this was sort of a warning, but damn, this is bad. I hate the laugh tracks. Old school and cringe is a good description. 

The music is cool though I guess. 

I did tell you. Its a fucking car crash, I love it. I also hate country music so it's double awful to me. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Why bother with Lost considering what a clusterfuck it famously turns into? 

I've never seen it, it's generally considered one of the best shows isn't it?  If I stop now I'll never end up seeing it. 

I've heard the same about GOT last season, which I might catch after BCS. I think every show minus Breaking Bad has an iffy finale of seasons with the fans. Silicone Valley and Westworld may be the worst with that for me. Recent Black Mirror sucks too. I've accepted it.

I've managed to avoid all spoilers so I'm going to go out in a limb and say Locke is Jack's dad, and they all were brought there for some superstitious connection to help eachother's problems.  I would say they're all in a simulated program at some special mental hospital that takes them here and it's all fake, but I can't see JJ Abrams going that route.  If it's not worth watching feel free to spoil it for me.

39 minutes ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I've never seen it, it's generally considered one of the best shows isn't it?  If I stop now I'll never end up seeing it. 

I've heard the same about GOT last season, which I might catch after BCS. I think every show minus Breaking Bad has an iffy finale of seasons with the fans. Silicone Valley and Westworld may be the worst with that for me. Recent Black Mirror sucks too. I've accepted it.

It's renowned for being one of the worst endings of all time. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:09 AM, thongrider said:

I put this on my list. Started watching it now. I know this was sort of a warning, but damn, this is bad. I hate the laugh tracks. Old school and cringe is a good description. 

The music is cool though I guess. 

Episode 2 was way different. It made me cry a bit. 

34 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's renowned for being one of the worst endings of all time. 

Its reputation isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be; the reaction to the finale was polarized, it wasn't universally panned or anything.

Lost's finale has a score of 8.2 on the IMDB. Compare that to a 4.0 for the GoT finale.

@Cavalier Jan keep watching Lost. If you like the characters and their journeys, you'll like the show as a whole.

• Like 1

Lost is still the best serial tv show I’ve ever seen. Even when it starts to slip, it’s only in relation to the heights the show had already reached.

I’ll never forget when I first started binging that show. I had nothing else to do at the time and was at total peace in life. Was staying up until like 5am watching Lost. Finished the whole series in a couple weeks.

And then came back for more. Nothing like it

• Like 1

I've never not finished a show in 2 weeks after getting hooked..idk how people pace themselves.

So far I'm on episode 8, and while I like the setting, all I'm going to say is it better pick up some. So far it's been so much "Hey, I am also a troubled person with a problem, get me off this island!". I'm sure it gets really good though.

16 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Lost had a solid finale, but the sixth season was generally weak.

I always thought around season 3 or 4 gets weak when it ran through the writer’s strike and there’s some bottle episodes.

Good show and the finale was average. Dexter had the worst finale IMO 

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Lost is great. Amazing show. Don’t know what Kay’s on about. The ending was definitely polarising one Laura said but nowhere near the worst ending of all time.

Every time there's anything about bad TV show endings, it's always rated near the top. I'm shocked people are fighting me on this, I literally see complaints about how Lost ended online a shit ton, I assumed it was just commonly accepted. 

3 hours ago, Cum said:

I always thought around season 3 or 4 gets weak when it ran through the writer’s strike and there’s some bottle episodes.

The first third or so of season three is rough, but once it picks up, I think it's really strong. The season 3 finale completely blew my mind when it aired.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Every time there's anything about bad TV show endings, it's always rated near the top. I'm shocked people are fighting me on this, I literally see complaints about how Lost ended online a shit ton, I assumed it was just commonly accepted. 

Jan don’t read this:

Spoiler

I feel there was a fair percentage of people that were left unsatisfied when a lot of the big mysteries about the island weren’t solved but once people accepted that it was a character driven show and the mysterious island was just a backdrop the finale was more accepted.

Also a lot of stupid people still think the ending meant that the entire show and time on the island was purgatory which is just so wrong. I actually googled “worst tv show endings” after you posted that and read through two which had Lost on them and that was the reason given for why the ending was so bad. The people making these lists couldn’t even understand the show so I’m personally not holding any merit to how they rate it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Never really watched it the first time around but am currently watching Skins (the UK original) on 4od. 

Can't believe how it started in 2007, just looks so much older to me and the fashion/clothes in it are hilarious. 

Good watch though, really funny. 

Skins is both brilliant and terrible, very odd show. I loved the first two seasons, second two are dreadful, 5th and 6th are surprisingly OK. I still say "alright nips" and "Michelle would never fuck a horse!" and "your balls are your collateral" on the regular though, so maybe I'm secretly a bigger fan than I think I am.