What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

I'm having trouble finding new shows at the moment. Feels like everything I find is either Spanish or I've seen it already. 

Guys give me some recommendations, I'm not that much of a fantasy fan or old shit like game of thrones and that shite.  

But I'm looking for a thriller, mystery, science fiction series. could be comedy as well but without those hideous laugh tracks.

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm having trouble finding new shows at the moment. Feels like everything I find is either Spanish or I've seen it already. 

Guys give me some recommendations, I'm not that much of a fantasy fan or old shit like game of thrones and that shite.  

But I'm looking for a thriller, mystery, science fiction series. could be comedy as well but without those hideous laugh tracks.

Check out the miniseries 'Devs' if you want a great sci-fi story about parallel universes. Directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) and stars Nick Offerman. 

11 minutes ago, Cum said:

Check out the miniseries 'Devs' if you want a great sci-fi story about parallel universes. Directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) and stars Nick Offerman. 

I watched the trailer for it a couple of times before but got the impression of it to be slow, is that the case?

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I watched the trailer for it a couple of times before but got the impression of it to be slow, is that the case?

Not at all. It moves pretty quickly as there are only 8 episodes in total. There might be a slower episodes here or there, but the overall plot is pretty engaging and provides for a satisfying ending that explains everything and wraps everything up nicely. Another good sci series is Watchmen or Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott produced it so it has a similar vibe as Aliens/Prometheus series but it's more based on the AI aspect of sci-fi). I liked Devs the most out of those three, but they're all pretty good. 

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Have you seen Behind Her Eyes or The One?

1 hour ago, Cum said:

Not at all. It moves pretty quickly as there are only 8 episodes in total. There might be a slower episodes here or there, but the overall plot is pretty engaging and provides for a satisfying ending that explains everything and wraps everything up nicely. Another good sci series is Watchmen or Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott produced it so it has a similar vibe as Aliens/Prometheus series but it's more based on the AI aspect of sci-fi). I liked Devs the most out of those three, but they're all pretty good. 

Well I’m sold, writing it down. Just started on Eureka now, looks very promising with ten minutes left of the pilot episode.

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Have you seen Behind Her Eyes or The One?

No, I’ve seen many adverts for the one but usually I tend to look away from British series. Don’t really know why since I loved basically 100% of the ones I’ve seen. Watched the trailers for the series now though and I’ll be writing them down, thank you.

Keep going guys! 

15 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Love, Death & Robots is on Netflix, it's an animated anthology series with episodes that are often 10-15 minutes long and all different from one another in style and theme. It's fun and cool to look at, sometimes thought-provoking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nasa said:

Love, Death & Robots is on Netflix, it's an animated anthology series with episodes that are often 10-15 minutes long and all different from one another in style and theme. It's fun and cool to look at, sometimes thought-provoking.

Thank you for the recommendation. 

Like @Scott., I’m not too keen on animated stuff though, and I hate anthology series.  Got anything more? Just give me the stuff you enjoy, no matter genre. Like I said, I’ve come to the point where it feels like I’ve already seen the shows I find, either that or that they’re Spanish or something haha

51 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

@_Bagels whipped cream give us a Lost update.

I kind of lost interest midway through Season 5, it's still great and one of my favorite shows ever for the characters alone, but idk how I feel about the current season - going back to the island, the time travel, the numbers continuing to show up in every single scenario in Hurley's life. It's not quite engaging storyline. I enjoyed the mystery of who everyone was more than the actual displays themselves (Ben for ex).  Love triangles getting a bit old.  Basically, I got busy, stopped watching, but need to finish soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

I kind of lost interest midway through Season 5, it's still great and one of my favorite shows ever for the characters alone, but idk how I feel about the current season - going back to the island, the time travel, the numbers continuing to show up in every single scenario in Hurley's life. It's not quite engaging storyline. I enjoyed the mystery of who everyone was more than the actual displays themselves (Ben for ex).  Love triangles getting a bit old.  Basically, I got busy, stopped watching, but need to finish soon.

I'm nearing the end of season 4 and agree - the show peaks in the first three seasons and then has a steady decline. Pretty sure season 4 and 5 were originally supposed to be one season, but ABC wanted to extend the show to make more money, which partially explains the drop off in quality with more filler. It also felt a bit abrupt how the show goes from season 1 - get off the island; season 2-3 - the Dharma Initiative / the Others and then season 4 the main storyline is basically Charles Widmore vs. Ben...but the show has barely provided any depth on who the fuck Charles Widmore is at that point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cum said:

I'm nearing the end of season 4 and agree - the show peaks in the first three seasons and then has a steady decline. Pretty sure season 4 and 5 were originally supposed to be one season, but ABC wanted to extend the show to make more money, which partially explains the drop off in quality with more filler. It also felt a bit abrupt how the show goes from season 1 - get off the island; season 2-3 - the Dharma Initiative / the Others and then season 4 the main storyline is basically Charles Widmore vs. Ben...but the show has barely provided any depth on who the fuck Charles Widmore is at that point. 

Yeah for me the pinnacle really feels like when Charlie goes to save the team and Desmond for his own death... After that feels a bit like living off reputation, main mystery a bit completed, but still a good show.

• Like 1