What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

We finally bit the bullet and got YouTubeTv. I think it's time to cancel Hulu and Netflix. I don't watch Hulu and all of the shows my wife watches are on YTT anyway. Netflix hasn't been worth a fuck in ages, I'm not sure why we kept it for as long as we did.

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I hate how there are so many different streaming services now, it's like cable all over again. There's very little incentive to not go back to downloading everything.

It's shit ... we just traded cable for a more expensive model. It'll burn itself out soon enough though. We only bought YTT because it's football season and I want to watch games without having to hold my phone. MLB is airing as well, so I may even give that a go. My wife's shows are just a plus, she was already taken care of by Hulu so it didn't matter to her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I hate how there are so many different streaming services now, it's like cable all over again. There's very little incentive to not go back to downloading everything.

It's really frustrating in the UK because now all of the exclusives in US streaming never come over here because we don't have those services. 

HBO, Hulu, none of that. 

Daniel Sloss, a fucking Scottish comic, has a special completely unavailable to the UK because its on HBO. There is literally no legal way to purchase or rent that special in the UK. Fucking bonkers. 

I only have prime and Netflix, and I go back and forth over prime. I tried Disney plus but saw no real use to it, tried NowTV and it's appalling, apart from that we don't have a lot of other options and Netflix has been a bit shitter over the years. 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:31 PM, Speedo said:

I finally started The Wire, only two decades late, it's pretty good ... which is a glowing review from me.

I’m gonna say this was all me and not the thousands of articles, anectodes, friends and family that told you to do so.

Bathe in the majesty of The Bunk

On 9/15/2021 at 6:31 AM, Speedo said:

I finally started The Wire, only two decades late, it's pretty good ... which is a glowing review from me.

I watched the first two seasons recently but got a bit bored with it. I plan to return to it because I did enjoy it. But it was a slow burn and I've been reading instead of watching TV lately

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I first watched The Wire many years ago and I can't explain it, but I know it was because of you, Bagel.

It’s okay Laura…it’s okay. Horus works in mysterious ways.

I became enamoured with Ice Road Truckers about 47 minutes ago on my lunch break - which we both know…was because of you. 

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I watched the first two seasons recently but got a bit bored with it. I plan to return to it because I did enjoy it. But it was a slow burn and I've been reading instead of watching TV lately

The second season is a bit weak. It picks up in season 3. Season 4 is solid too.

• 2 weeks later...