What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

@Ghent @Cheerios4u98 you blokes watched Star Wars visions yet? I’m on ep 4. Big fan of it so far. Very different for Star Wars but very cool.

I loved it! Loved Ep 5 especially and really wish it was a pilot episode for a full new series (actually I wish that about a lot of them lol). I don’t care if they’re canon or not, they’re cool and I hope they do more stuff like this in the future!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I loved it! Loved Ep 5 especially and really wish it was a pilot episode for a full new series (actually I wish that about a lot of them lol). I don’t care if they’re canon or not, they’re cool and I hope they do more stuff like this in the future!

That first episode would make an awesome series. I wasn’t even aware there was a canon debate or not I just assumed they all were.

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

@Ghent @Cheerios4u98 you blokes watched Star Wars visions yet? I’m on ep 4. Big fan of it so far. Very different for Star Wars but very cool.

I have not. I just assumed I wouldn't like it and kind of forgot about it. Worth a watch for someone not into anime?

20 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It depends on how much you enjoyed the original. The new characters are mostly boring, but some of the original characters' story lines are entertaining.

I haven’t had a chance to watch it and that confirms what I assumed. While I care about some of the old characters I’m not sure I care that much.

although no Jenny is a plus…

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I haven’t had a chance to watch it and that confirms what I assumed. While I care about some of the old characters I’m not sure I care that much.

Alice's arc in the first season gets pretty hilarious imo. And Rosie O'Donnell has a small role in the second season, which is surprisingly amusing.

It would be so much better if they ditched the new/young characters.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It depends on how much you enjoyed the original. The new characters are mostly boring, but some of the original characters' story lines are entertaining.

I did like the original, followed it when it was on and rewatched it a couple of years ago

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Whaat no Jenny is a let down imo

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I did like the original, followed it when it was on and rewatched it a couple of years ago

You can’t be serious. Jenny is like, one of the worst TV characters of all time. I’ve never been happier about a character death in my life and she somehow managed to annoy us in death as well as life! She was the absolute worst.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

She died, how were they going to bring her back? 😂

I didn't dislike her nearly as much as Kay did though. She was poorly written at times and could be very annoying, but she had her moments, especially earlier in the series.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

That first episode would make an awesome series. I wasn’t even aware there was a canon debate or not I just assumed they all were.

They’re all non-canon I believe. They just gave the Japanese studios free reign to do whatever they wanted with Star Wars without worrying about it fitting into the official storyline. Some of them feel like they could fit nicely in canon though. I wouldn’t be surprised if canon stories borrow characters or other elements from these in the future.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

She died, how were they going to bring her back? 😂

I didn't dislike her nearly as much as Kay did though. She was poorly written at times and could be very annoying, but she had her moments, especially earlier in the series.

I hate her for very valid reasons…but she also reminds me of my ex and that may have something to do with it haha

• Haha 1

I’ve also watched 3 but think I’ve made a big mistake watching the dubbed version. The dubbed parts sound fucking ridiculous and make the actors look shit when they’re obviously not. I’m gonna watch it with subtitles from here on

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I’ve also watched 3 but think I’ve made a big mistake watching the dubbed version. The dubbed parts sound fucking ridiculous and make the actors look shit when they’re obviously not. I’m gonna watch it with subtitles from here on

Yeah I watched it with subtitles, my missus's students warned her not to watch the dub haha, a class room of teenagers all collectively suggesting reading over the lazy option really shows how bad the dub acting is haha