What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

6 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Wow… the ending of Squid Game… what a DISAPPOINTMENT! Omg I cant believe it 😳

It almost ruins the whole show for me. Definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth 😑.

how? it was great.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:26 PM, Kay said:

how? it was great.

Hmmm.. All the revelations did absolutely nothing for me 😅. I think they were supposed to be these “wow” moments, but I was just rolling my eyes.

Spoiler

The cops missing brother is Front Man? Booooring.

The grandpa was the mastermind behind it all. Okay??? Why did he do it? He needed some excitement in his life… lol. And why did he play along? Because as a kid playing was more fun than watching… Cringe.

Then they try to force in some kind of faux social commentary, when the grandpa makes a bet about the homeless guy in the street. Sigh…

That whole hospital/building scene was a disaster really.

Oh, and the character dyes his hair red, doesn't go to America but is now on a mission to burn down the organization? Such a cliché.

Dont think season 2 will be any good. 

10 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Hmmm.. All the revelations did absolutely nothing for me 😅. I think they were supposed to be these “wow” moments, but I was just rolling my eyes.

Hide contents

The cops missing brother is Front Man? Booooring.

The grandpa was the mastermind behind it all. Okay??? Why did he do it? He needed some excitement in his life… lol. And why did he play along? Because as a kid playing was more fun than watching… Cringe.

Then they try to force in some kind of faux social commentary, when the grandpa makes a bet about the homeless guy in the street. Sigh…

That whole hospital/building scene was a disaster really.

Oh, and the character dyes his hair red, doesn't go to America but is now on a mission to burn down the organization? Such a cliché.

Dont think season 2 will be any good. 

While I agree about the cop story, I think the rest was done quite well and just generally disagree with you.

I wasn’t necessarily “wow’d” by the moments, as they made a lot of sense, but I still feel it was executed well.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

While I agree about the cop story, I think the rest was done quite well and just generally disagree with you.

I wasn’t necessarily “wow’d” by the moments, as they made a lot of sense, but I still feel it was executed well.

Hmmm… Guess we have to disagree here haha 😅.

I just really wished they didn’t explain the back story… having it unknown, makes it more mysterious imo. Like in horror movies, never show the monster! 

Also the VIPS were kind of boring as well. Didn’t really add anything to the story.

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah think it was the 2015 year?

Was cool seeing the files from the past years but how the fuck have all those people gone missing with no eyebrows raised 😂 most of them this season where from the same city ffs

• Haha 2

I watched the first leg of the Gossip Girl reboot, while I liked it, it also shows how tv shows gets crippled from the new format of short seasons. They can't wander off in any of the side stories and can't build on the main one as before, sucks that streaming platforms done this to the tv show world imo.

9 hours ago, Scott. said:

Just finished squid game. Thought it was really good tbh. I liked the ending and sets it up nicely for season 2. The VIP actors though were fucking horrific. Seriously shit. 

I think the VIP's were so bad because the production of the show was fully Korean.  I know from the TOHO Godzilla movies whenever they have an American/English speaker their lines are all so corny and hilariously bad.  It has to be some kind of lost in translation gap.

I was OBSESSED with this show, until that fucking garbage ending. 

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I think the VIP's were so bad because the production of the show was fully Korean.  I know from the TOHO Godzilla movies whenever they have an American/English speaker their lines are all so corny and hilariously bad.  It has to be some kind of lost in translation gap.

I was OBSESSED with this show, until that fucking garbage ending. 

What was garbage about it? 

15 hours ago, Scott. said:

What was garbage about it? 

Spoiler

He goes through an entire character arc and makes it out alive.  Finally has a chance to be a good father...and he goes back?  Wow way to go, you abandoned your daughter again. 

Also, the "twist" of the old man being the creator was kind of lazy. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Watching the third newer season of Twin Peaks. Holy hell this would have been brutal to watch one episode per week. Six episodes in and it still feels like almost nothing has happened.

Its frustrating and brilliant at the same time! 

On 10/20/2021 at 9:26 AM, Elisa said:

Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez have easily become my favourite unlikely comedic trio with Only Murders In The Building. Season 1 was such a chaotic and incredibly funny ride from start to finish.

Absolutely loved it, really glad it got renewed.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...