What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

@Ghent @JarJarBlinks@Jandalf Baggins

we hyped fellas? I’m cautiously optimistic they won’t fuck this up.

I mean, hard to tell based off that.  But, I'm jacked for anything like this regardless.  I would tamper my expectations to be nothing close to the movies, obviously, but hopefully more interesting than the Hobbit and such.  

Game of Thrones was massive, they’d be dumb not to try and mimic it. It’s already set to have GoT level nudity … not that anyone is complaining, I suppose. 
Martin has already stated that Game of Thrones was inspired by Lord of the Rings, it’s not exactly a stretch to make the two similar.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I can’t imagine this Amazon show going anywhere beyond a pair of tits here or there. Sex/sexualized nudity don’t mesh with LOTR vibes.

Neither do politics or much of anything else GoT was centered on

They hired an intimacy coach, so take that how you will.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

They hired an intimacy coach, so take that how you will.

”Nudity is sparse and not sexualised,”

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/tv/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-will-reportedly-include-nudity-but-no-sex-2999509

It won’t be like GoT. As Ghent said well prob see a naked elf doing something elvish in a forest or something. We won’t see people getting fucked 6 different ways.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Martin has already stated that Game of Thrones was inspired by Lord of the Rings, it’s not exactly a stretch to make the two similar.

Basically any fantasy series that has been written post LotR is inspired by it. Tolkien basically invented the genre. Doesn’t mean this show will choose to follow GoT’s style. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'm scared @Russel Coight.  But there's no way it will be worse than The Hobbit.  Which are "fine"...just not perfection.  Let's go!

Yeah. I know TV execs aren’t the most clued in people but I can’t imagine the people running this show saw the backlash etc that came from the Hobbit and thought it would be a good idea to emulate that over the LotR vibes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

”Nudity is sparse and not sexualised,”

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/tv/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-will-reportedly-include-nudity-but-no-sex-2999509

It won’t be like GoT. As Ghent said well prob see a naked elf doing something elvish in a forest or something. We won’t see people getting fucked 6 different ways.

Down for some naked elvish shit.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I thought you hated LOTR why would you care about this show to begin with?

Hate is a strong word. Ambivalent is better. I was just sharing what I’ve come across regarding the show. Honestly, I will watch it because I don’t think it’ll be anything like the trilogy and that is what interests me. I like the genre, just not overly thrilled with the movies.

Amazon is in it for the money and they are going to make a show that caters to the largest denominator and that isn’t going to be the lord of the rings purest out there. I think the show is going to be more inline with what I expect than the trilogies but maybe I’m wrong, it happens frequently enough. If that’s the case, I won’t make it very far and you guys will have a show that you enjoy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I think the show is going to be more inline with what I expect than the trilogies but maybe I’m wrong, it happens frequently enough. If that’s the case, I won’t make it very far and you guys will have a show that you enjoy.

I’m the opposite. If I see Galadriel getting fucked doggy style by Isildur in the first ep I’ll be dropping the show fast.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bombadil have his way with her tbf

Probably only being in existence that could handle him. Imagine the cock on the cunt. Bloke can literally scare the shit out of a forest and laugh at the ring of power. Must have something life threatening for the majority of Middle Earth dangling between his legs.

• Haha 1