What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 1/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, Elisa said:

It bums me out that The Righteous Gemstones doesn't get more love. Such a hilariously crazy show that manages to skewer Southern evangelicals without being completely smug about it.

I just watched the new episodes of season 2. I love everything Danny McBride does. 

I finished this a couple weeks back. I loved it so much and can't wait for season 3! Danny McBride is the best. It was especially funny as a religious person who went to a religious university and spent two years as a missionary. This show definitely felt like a big step up in quality from McBride's other shows. Not that I didn't like those, because I did, but this just felt a lot better somehow. Really good show!

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I finished this a couple weeks back. I loved it so much and can't wait for season 3! Danny McBride is the best. It was especially funny as a religious person who went to a religious university and spent two years as a missionary. This show definitely felt like a big step up in quality from McBride's other shows. Not that I didn't like those, because I did, but this just felt a lot better somehow. Really good show!

I'm glad that you liked it!! Yeah, I feel that each one of his characters is more evolved than the last and The Righteous Gemstones is some of Danny McBride's best writing yet. He also manages to mesh super cartoonish elements with a very grounded sensibility. It seems like it couldn't possibly work, and yet the storytelling is top notch.

Judy Gemstone is so unhinged and I have absolutely no chance but to love her haha

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started watching Winning Time. I'm weirdly obsessed, but I'm not sure whether a non-NBA fan would be interested.

It's campy as fuck though, so if you're into that kind of vibe there may be some appeal

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Kinda wish Better Call Saul did recaps because last night I spent a lot of those first two episodes trying to remember what went on in season 5

Same. Even a 2-minute recap at the beginning would have been enough to jog people's memories for the most important things, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

Same. Even a 2-minute recap at the beginning would have been enough to jog people's memories for the most important things, I think.

Yeah, I usually have trouble with all the Cartel stuff, but this time it was actually the Sandpiper storyline and the thing with Howard that I couldn't remember at all and I spent the whole time wondering why Kim and Jimmy were going after Howard. I had to google it to find out they want to get Jimmy's retirement home settlement money. 

I was also shocked to see how absolutely ruthless Kim has become, I didn't expect that. She remains maybe one of my favourite characters of any TV show ever.

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Yeah, I usually have trouble with all the Cartel stuff, but this time it was actually the Sandpiper storyline and the thing with Howard that I couldn't remember at all and I spent the whole time wondering why Kim and Jimmy were going after Howard. I had to google it to find out they want to get Jimmy's retirement home settlement money. 

I was also shocked to see how absolutely ruthless Kim has become, I didn't expect that. She remains maybe one of my favourite characters of any TV show ever.

At the beginning of the episode, I couldn't even remember who, if anyone, Kim was working for. And it took me forever to remember who Kevin Wachtell was... I knew I recognized him, but I couldn't remember who he was or why he had an issue with Jimmy. But yeah, the stuff with Lalo/the cartel came back pretty quickly even though I don't really care about it.

And yeah, Kim's character development has been so interesting. I'm really curious to see what happens to her.

Also, I loved seeing the Kettlemans again.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, Elisa said:

Kinda wish Better Call Saul did recaps because last night I spent a lot of those first two episodes trying to remember what went on in season 5

I wish every show did this. I feel Ike a lot of my favorite shows do it which makes it even worse when I get to a show without recaps.