What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

7 hours ago, Funko Pop Salesman_182 said:

I wouldn't put him on the Mt Rushmore but he's definitely good.  I love Nathan for You and wish there was more.

He was close to being my favorite at one point, but sometimes he tries to be too provocative where it's not as funny anymore.  Something that Trey Parker, Norm McDonald never seem to do. They ALWAYS are in good taste, despite the absurdity.  

Where he needs to get pants to be on the sexual predator list comes to mind? Not that it wasn't a funny idea or anything, I just remember that moment or a couple others during NFY not being too funny. 

Need to watch Rehearsal though, love Nathan Fielder

I’m glad you responded because I wanted to post about the show again but would have felt like a putz if I was talking to myself lol. 

The Rehearsal is the best show I’ve ever seen. And I say that as a comedy snob. It isn’t necessarily my favorite just because nothing will ever compare to things I grew up with like South Park or Seinfeld. But it’s soooo brilliant 

• Wow 1

I love Nathan Fielder. I think I liked Nathan for You more than the Rehearsal (mainly due to the format) but both shows are hilarious.

“I don’t understand why you put so much emphasis on numbers rather than life experiences.”

”don’t step at me bro” 

Im still hoping we see why he requested like 8 hours of the I Miss You chorus on Twitter. I’m hoping it’s used in this show.

• Like 1

What are everyone’s favourite shows they’ve seen recently? In the last year or so I’d go something like:

-Yellowjackets (personal favourite I’ve seen lately)

-Severance (great if you enjoyed LOST and the mystery of the Dharma Initiative).

-Euphoria

-Succession (probably the best show I’ve seen lately. You can’t make a Tomlette without breaking a few Gregs)

-The Rehearsal (Nathan Fielder is all you need for it to be great)

-The Mandolorian 

Also enjoyed Mare of Easttown, the White Lotus, and Station 11 for miniseries.

I enjoyed Euphoria a lot. Didn’t blow me away but it was interesting and very well made. It’s A Sin was very good but felt rushed and was also depressing af. I get that it had to be so but it’s draining to watch a tv show when you feel like shit after every episode. 

Obsessed with Succession these days though. Haven’t loved a tv-show this much since GoT. Can’t decide whether to rush through the rest of it or to drag it out so that I can enjoy it for a longer time lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yellowjackets was great. I'm really looking forward to the next season. I enjoyed Succession too, but it didn't draw me in particularly.

I've been watching the last season of Better Call Saul. I'm sad that it's ending so soon.

I forgot about Better Call Saul but it’s definitely up there. Weirdly, I think I preferred the first half of the season over recent episodes.

Spoiler

Still hoping we get a bit more closure on Kim and what she’s doing now/what their phone call was about and why Gene was so enraged. Also not sure if I just missed it, but why was Gene so interested in befriending Jeffy’s mom in the first place? To eventually run scams with Jeff’s? 

20 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think Jimmy is going to get caught.

I read that the actors said it's an unconventional ending, but it's definitely a tragic ending to me. I don't know if it's death or jail or whatever else. It's just going to be sad.

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I read that the actors said it's an unconventional ending, but it's definitely a tragic ending to me. I don't know if it's death or jail or whatever else. It's just going to be sad.

Interesting. I don't think he's going to die (unless they go really far into the future) just because it might feel too similar to the Breaking Bad ending, but that's the only reason I think that lol.

29 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Interesting. I don't think he's going to die (unless they go really far into the future) just because it might feel too similar to the Breaking Bad ending, but that's the only reason I think that lol.

Same with running away again (Jesse’s storyline in El Camino).

I think he gets caught as well, would be amazing if it’s a cop from BB universe (Gomez?). 

If he does get arrested, I fail to see how they could fit his trial into one episode, which seems like a lost opportunity for a legal drama show. It would be kind of unsatisfying if he just gets arrested and it’s over or he pleads guilty to a lesser included offence.

*I haven’t seen the most recent episode so I could be missing stuff. I’m doing a double header tonight.

1 hour ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

Same with running away again (Jesse’s storyline in El Camino).

I think he gets caught as well, would be amazing if it’s a cop from BB universe (Gomez?). 

If he does get arrested, I fail to see how they could fit his trial into one episode, which seems like a lost opportunity for a legal drama show. It would be kind of unsatisfying if he just gets arrested and it’s over or he pleads guilty to a lesser included offence.

*I haven’t seen the most recent episode so I could be missing stuff. I’m doing a double header tonight.

Poor old Gomez died at the same time as Hank.

And yeah, the show has had so many dramatic and entertaining court scenes, I'm sure they'd want to do Jimmy's trial justice, so it doesn't seem like that will factor into the finale.

9 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Spoil it for me

Spoiler

Jimmy got arrested. He was able to plea bargain the sentence down from many decades to 7.5 years but then at the sentencing hearing (or something like that idk), he was more honest about his role in helping Walt build the meth empire (and his other crimes unrelated to Breaking Bad) and ended up getting sentenced to like 86 years.

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:
  Hide contents

Jimmy got arrested. He was able to plea bargain the sentence down from many decades to 7.5 years but then at the sentencing hearing (or something like that idk), he was more honest about his role in helping Walt build the meth empire (and his other crimes unrelated to Breaking Bad) and ended up getting sentenced to like 86 years.

That ending fucked me up. It was heartbreaking but sweet to see

Spoiler

Gene return to Jimmy and do the right thing just because of how much he cared about Kim. 

After seeing this finale, Vince Gilligan clearly loves the formula of build up a likeable or relatable character, turn them into a monster who fucks up a lot of lives around them, only for them to hold themselves accountable and go out with integrity. Jimmy’s arc was very similar to Walt’s.

• Like 1

Not every show needs an epic finale. It was bittersweet, felt like closure was earned, and everything just ends. That’s just how it is. And just because it was Saul’s last season doesn’t mean they were gonna forget their integrity to the writing. Slowburns and subtly.

• Like 2