What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

36 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Yeah hence the basic comment 

I'd say more just 'hard to argue' with list than basic.

Here's my basic list:

1. Friends 2. Friends. 3. F.R.I.E.N.D.S 4. Seinfeld 5. AlWaYs SuNnY 6. HIMYM 7. 3rd Rock 8. One Tree Hill 9. Cheers! 

(I only like a lil bit of friends and Always Sunny from that list)

HM: 70s show, Big Bang Theory, Arrested Development, Boy Meets World

24 minutes ago, Mid-Tier Jan said:

I'd say more just 'hard to argue' with list than basic.

Here's my basic list:

1. Friends 2. Friends. 3. F.R.I.E.N.D.S 4. Seinfeld 5. AlWaYs SuNnY 6. HIMYM 7. 3rd Rock 8. One Tree Hill 9. Cheers! 

(I only like a lil bit of friends and Always Sunny from that list)

HM: 70s show, Big Bang Theory, Arrested Development, Boy Meets World

Nah, it’s easy to argue. You’ve left out all the HBO heavy weights for one. Here’s a far better “hard to argue” list:

https://m.imdb.com/chart/toptv/

9 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

So there’s a difference between critical acclaim and mainstream appeal. That’s where that link and Jan’s post differ. I don’t think you understand what basic means though. 

Read the link you posted. “Top 250 as rated by IMDb Users” that’s not critica acclaim. It’s no different than 1000 Jan’s posting their opinions.

Ya basic.

24 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Nah, it’s easy to argue. You’ve left out all the HBO heavy weights for one. Here’s a far better “hard to argue” list:

https://m.imdb.com/chart/toptv/

Planet Earth #1, 3, 6, 7, and 12 spots? Could you get any more basic?

I wasn't speaking for anyone else anyways.  I haven't seen GOT, BCS, or a few others yet.  Funny enough, if you took out all the ones I hadn't seen, Breaking Bad was still #1 and Office #2 on there.  Not sure why Lost was casted so low but that's IMDBasic for ya.

16 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Are you trying to imply all IMDb users that voted are actually movie/tv critics? Lmao

basic boy

You realize basic applies to mainstream opinion, right? And that the list I posted would likely not be on mainstream lists if you were to ask people their favourite shows? Idk why this needs to be explained, not sure if wilfully obtuse or just dumb. 

4 minutes ago, Mid-Tier Jan said:

Ok let me go redo my personal list. Sorry dude.

Just to be clear, because I'm a bit confused still, it needs to be popular AND critically acclaimed for it to count? Also, am I not basic because I use IMDB regularly then? What is the truth?

Hey man there’s nothing wrong with basic, I like most those shows too. The Office and Breaking Bad are pretty slam dunk popular opinions though. 

As for your second point, I have no clue as you used the term “hard to argue against” which I don’t know means. This shit is subjective. I place more emphasis on critical acclaim than mainstream appeal, otherwise Keeping up with the Kardashians would be a peak show. 

17 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

You realize basic applies to mainstream opinion, right? And that the list I posted would likely not be on mainstream lists if you were to ask people their favourite shows? Idk why this needs to be explained, not sure if wilfully obtuse or just dumb. 

IMDbasic is the most basic, mainstream choice for the general public when it comes to googling basic shit about tv shows. If it was any more basic it would just be google and the basic drones would just report about their basic tastes on that itself.

Just now, Russel Coight said:

IMDbasic is the most basic, mainstream choice for the general public when it comes to googling basic shit about tv shows. If it was any more basic it would just be google and the basic drones would just report about their basic tastes on that itself.

I just gave you another list, try to keep up m8 

15 minutes ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Hey man there’s nothing wrong with basic, I like most those shows too. The Office and Breaking Bad are pretty slam dunk popular opinions though. 

As for your second point, I have no clue as you used the term “hard to argue against” which I don’t know means. This shit is subjective. I place more emphasis on critical acclaim than mainstream appeal, otherwise Keeping up with the Kardashians would be a peak show. 

Screenshot-20221117-210512.png