What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

53 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Parks & Rec was my all time favorite show, but I overwatched it so much that I’m gonna need a good few years at least to be able to enjoy it again. I can still enjoy the office because I didn’t overplay it nearly as much.

Plus Seinfeld is easily better than both. I was blinded at the time.

You had me at the first part.  Parks & Rec really was magic, but it is hard to rewatch over and over again. Office has so much content to jump into whenever.

Seinfeld never been huge fan of. I get it though, it's a classic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Parks and Rec was my favourite show on first viewing and then on the second viewing, the latter half of the series just flanderizes the shit out of all the characters. 

Flanderizing Dwight, and Jim and Andy for that matter, in the office in the final seasons was the hardest thing I've ever watched in television.  I think at one point Dwight shot a sleeping dart in someone's neck in the office and that's when I was completely removed and couldn't come back.

Yes they did this in Parks & Rec too. Especially Tom and Ron. I think the writers start to get nostalgic at the end and stop developing the character and instead try to double down on what made them so funny or w.e.

Still not basic.

7 hours ago, Speedo said:

Even though the writing wasn’t on par with previous seasons, it’s still better than most other shows.

I thought you meant the super heros..I was like, what? They're pretty deplorable.

Yeah, I guess. It's pretty repetitive though and the gore loses it's appeal quickly.  Plus, idk, I feel like they fumbled the whole Soldier Boy, Nior thing and I was actually super invested in that backstory 

31 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

I thought you meant the super heros..I was like, what? They're pretty deplorable.

Yeah, I guess. It's pretty repetitive though and the gore loses it's appeal quickly.  Plus, idk, I feel like they fumbled the whole Soldier Boy, Nior thing and I was actually super invested in that backstory 

A guy shrinking down into someone’s urethra before expanding is pretty funny though.

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

A guy shrinking down into someone’s urethra before expanding is pretty funny though.

Lol, such a basic thing to laugh at but I agree. Sometimes I get grossed out though, I think the whole gills thing got me, and a couple other scenes in there.  I actually looked into the comic, and it's way more tame than there, like way more. That comic is like straight out of hell lol.

Finally got into GOT. I started skimming ahead a bit to about second half season one.  Once Tyrion got freed from the prison it's been a go for me. That episode was great. Going back to rewatch from beginning.

The names are fucking hard to follow though. Need a map or something.

Be back in about 2 months with final verdict

• Like 1

4 hours ago, not the worst here said:

Finally got into GOT. I started skimming ahead a bit to about second half season one.  Once Tyrion got freed from the prison it's been a go for me. That episode was great. Going back to rewatch from beginning.

The names are fucking hard to follow though. Need a map or something.

Be back in about 2 months with final verdict

The power we now have Jan

A slip of the keyboard, a revealing of the fates 

Game of Thrones is so fucking brutal.  I totally get why this show is so well-renowned, but I'm surprised by how much because of that or how many could get on board with it that I knew.  Like even I, during the sex torture scene by Joffrey had to look away.  There's a lot of moments already by season 3.  Joffrey is trash.  As is Daenerys/Kheleesi.

• Like 1

There's a fair argument to be made that it's pretty gratuitous at times. (The fanboy response has always been "but that's how medieval times were".) There's an upcoming scene with one of the female characters that wasn't in the books and made a lot of people angry.

• Wow 1