What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

27 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Show Jorah is hotter than Book Jorah! She should’ve forgiven him.

Her dismissing Jorah and sleeping with Daario happens in the books too. I like that she has flaws like everyone else. I think a lot of fan worship is bc a) Emilia Clarke is hot and b) dragons. But also in the books GRRM isn’t handling the pacing of her storyline well either. I think if her storyline were handled differently, more readers would enjoy it. Can you tell that I have a lot of beef with this series? I’m a huge fan, I promise. 😂

He had the broad strokes of the characters’ endgames in mind and passed them along to D&D, but he didn’t/doesn’t have the details worked out.

Ygritte is 1,000 times hotter than Deanerys, I guess the actress Emilia Clarke is definitely good looking but I hate her character so much and her look is just blah to me.  She's so entitled.  The dragons thing is not hot to me at all, total turn off.  Like they're your dragons, get over it, comes off as a pet-crazed person who puts their pets before their boyfriend/family. 

#notOlivercapping

25 minutes ago, not the worst here said:

Ygritte is 1,000 times hotter than Deanerys, I guess the actress Emilia Clarke is definitely good looking but I hate her character so much and her look is just blah to me.  She's so entitled.  The dragons thing is not hot to me at all, total turn off.  Like they're your dragons, get over it, comes off as a pet-crazed person who puts their pets before their boyfriend/family. 

#notOlivercapping

Ygritte is beautiful.

When you get to the scenes where Daenerys is riding a dragon, maybe you’ll feel differently. I know i did haha. 

2 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Ygritte is beautiful.

When you get to the scenes where Daenerys is riding a dragon, maybe you’ll feel differently. I know i did haha. 

Eh, Spoilers.  I was hoping the dragons ate her before she got to use them so thanks for ruining it.

• Haha 1

Margaery is annoying, not sure where that came from.  The whole "I'm the most glorious, charitable person ever!  I will rescue everybody!" Is all just self-righteous and annoying.  She aint all that bro.

Ygritte > Caitlyn > large gap > Sansa I guess if we're going with her actress > Margaery = Deanerys

I don't blame Peter Bealish for risking it all for Caitlyn.  Certified Milf.

2 hours ago, not the worst here said:

Margaery is annoying, not sure where that came from.  The whole "I'm the most glorious, charitable person ever!  I will rescue everybody!" Is all just self-righteous and annoying.  She aint all that bro.

Ygritte > Caitlyn > large gap > Sansa I guess if we're going with her actress > Margaery = Deanerys

I don't blame Peter Bealish for risking it all for Caitlyn.  Certified Milf.

I’m just going off looks, not personalities. Also, you should look up what happened to Catelyn in the books after you finish the show (or after having seen the red wedding episode). It’s wildly different 

4 hours ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

I’m just going off looks, not personalities. Also, you should look up what happened to Catelyn in the books after you finish the show (or after having seen the red wedding episode). It’s wildly different 

Lady Stoneheart don’t fuck around in the books.

Okay, I promise I'll stop talking about it until I'm done, but why the fuck did they leave the Tysha confession out of Jamie/Tyrions goodbyes.  That makes a world of difference for the proceeding actions and also the whole story moving forward.  I feel like that was an easy thing to just include? No one gives af about Shae at that point including Tyrion.

I find it weird checking book/show differences while still watching the show. When you’ve finished everything sure, check out what was different. But doing it episode by episode or whatever would just be weird to me. I’d be also worried about potential spoilers too.

Not a dig at ya Jan. You do whatever you want. Just sayin.

• Like 1

I don’t even care about book accuracy unless it’s a book I’ve read and loved. I didn’t once check during Rings of Power to make sure it matched up with the LOTR appendices or the Silmarillion, neither of which I’ve read. I just enjoyed the show.

I never read GOT either and just watched and enjoyed the show. Did the show leave out some great stuff? I don’t now! Ignorance is bliss!!

I read the first five Harry Potter books. I enjoyed the movies but I couldn’t help comparing them the whole time. Then I actually enjoyed the sixth movie more because I had no preconceptions about it going in. 7th movie part 1 still sucked though lol

54 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I find it weird checking book/show differences while still watching the show. When you’ve finished everything sure, check out what was different. But doing it episode by episode or whatever would just be weird to me. I’d be also worried about potential spoilers too.

Not a dig at ya Jan. You do whatever you want. Just sayin.

That's part of the fun of watching a show in full that's already been done, to see everyone's reactions to it back then and if it's the same.

I'm not really digging for it though, that one just sort of popped up after I finished season 4 and was curious about the whole Twynn death going down like that.  It's been a lot to digest and good time for a break/YouTube sesh on it.

Yeah I guess it can be weird though. I can't watch major shows like this live though because they're so popular so I already know I'm weird when it comes to watching shows.

On the flip side, The Wizard of Oz (and it’s sequels) was my favorite book as a child. I’m still fucking annoyed that there are like a million film adaptations of the story and NONE of them are very true to the novel. Pls someone just make a book-accurate Wizard of Oz series pls pls five year old me is BEGGING 😭

3 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don’t even care about book accuracy unless it’s a book I’ve read and loved. I didn’t once check during Rings of Power to make sure it matched up with the LOTR appendices or the Silmarillion, neither of which I’ve read. I just enjoyed the show.

I never read GOT either and just watched and enjoyed the show. Did the show leave out some great stuff? I don’t now! Ignorance is bliss!!

I read the first five Harry Potter books. I enjoyed the movies but I couldn’t help comparing them the whole time. Then I actually enjoyed the sixth movie more because I had no preconceptions about it going in. 7th movie part 1 still sucked though lol

Good for you.

3 hours ago, not the worst here said:

Okay, I promise I'll stop talking about it until I'm done, but why the fuck did they leave the Tysha confession out of Jamie/Tyrions goodbyes.  That makes a world of difference for the proceeding actions and also the whole story moving forward.  I feel like that was an easy thing to just include? No one gives af about Shae at that point including Tyrion.

Because they didn’t go with Tyrions storyline that happened in the books. There’s more involved and it wouldn’t have made sense in the show.

1 hour ago, not the worst here said:

That's part of the fun of watching a show in full that's already been done, to see everyone's reactions to it back then and if it's the same.

I'm not really digging for it though, that one just sort of popped up after I finished season 4 and was curious about the whole Twynn death going down like that.  It's been a lot to digest and good time for a break/YouTube sesh on it.

Yeah it’s the opposite for me tbh. I’d prefer to watch it through and then look back. Don’t want other peoples opinions or judgements affect the way I’m going to be viewing future episodes.

Once I’m done, if it’s a series I’ve really enjoyed, then I’ll jump down the rabbit hole and read peoples opinions. I can still remember how I felt when watching it etc so i can see if people’s reactions were the same.

1 hour ago, not the worst here said:

Yeah I guess it can be weird though. I can't watch major shows like this live though because they're so popular so I already know I'm weird when it comes to watching shows.

I actually enjoy the live discussion for shows with people watching it at the same time. Because none of us know where it’s going.

• Like 3