What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, Elisa said:
I don't care about reviews, but this new season of Succession is going to fix all of our problems for ten straight weeks. Very likely this is going to be one of the most impressive final seasons in TV history. 

Have you started watching yet? If so, what do you think so far?

I know it’s early in but I think it’s looking so promising so far. Loved the first episodes. 

13 hours ago, Maddey said:

Have you started watching yet? If so, what do you think so far?

I know it’s early in but I think it’s looking so promising so far. Loved the first episodes. 

Episode 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing.  I can’t stop thinking about that scene with Logan and the kids at the karaoke bar. And then the end of that episode 💀

• Like 1

I don't know if any of you read that article about Jeremy Strong’s intense method acting that came out during season 3, I’m hoping he didn’t destroy himself for this episode of Succession, but he probably did lol

So, I finished watching The Sopranos last night. I enjoyed the series overall, but watching it for the first time in 2023, it does feel a bit dated and I think it's overhyped. A lot of episodes were far more self-contained than I expected (which definitely reflects the show's age) and the show felt kind of aimless at times. I think it would have been a tighter show if they had cut out a lot of the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I am glad to have watched it because it's a solid show and especially because it's so influential, but my main takeaway- which is probably controversial- is that The Sopranos walked so that later shows could run.

23 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Dunno if me and the missus want to start Succession next. Can someone give me a quick run down on why I should watch it. What’s it about without spoilers obviously

Corporate struggle between a family that is loosely based on the Murdoch family. It’s worth watching because it’s well written and acted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worst poster here said:

Corporate struggle between a family that is loosely based on the Murdoch family. It’s worth watching because it’s well written and acted.

I’ve heard good things so we’ll probably watch it after Beef. Has anyone started that on Netflix? It’s fantastic apparently 

22 hours ago, Elisa said:

I don't know if any of you read that article about Jeremy Strong’s intense method acting that came out during season 3, I’m hoping he didn’t destroy himself for this episode of Succession, but he probably did lol

I can’t recall reading it but seen in another interview that he’s relieved to be done, which makes sense!! 

On 4/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, Scott. said:

I’ve heard good things so we’ll probably watch it after Beef. Has anyone started that on Netflix? It’s fantastic apparently 

BEEF was so good. Just finished it yesterday. 

I want to watch Succession, but I don’t  currently have HBO. Will binge that next time we do. (Or if anyone knows where I could watch it..feel free to share! 🤣