What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

Figured there was a topic for movies, there is probably a topic for TV shows out there but I couldn't find it.  I guess just talk about the shows your watching, not really a need for a rating system but if you like it, why?

I finished watching Orange is the New Black, it's a great show about a fictional women's prison.  It covers a lot of topics and the way they're laid out is spectacular.

• Like 3

Just finished OITNB this week. But now I'm watching...

Sopranos - I'm sure most people know what it's all about but I never watched the series all the way through. 

Breaking Bad - Duh Doi

Enlightened - Mike White is a suburb writer/creator and this under-looked gem is worth checking out. 

The X-Files - Been watching the show off and on since the 90s, and I'm trying to get through season 4 right now. Not hard, just keep getting distracted.

• Like 1

Les Revenants (The Returned) -

Amazing french drama. its like Twin Peaks meets 30 Days of Night/28 Days Later. The atmosphere of it is unlike any other show i've seen on tv in a long time. i really dig the scenery of it all and Mogwai soundtrack is unbeatable. Basically, various characters who have died in the past (all at different times with different causes) randomly start returning to town. not as zombies or anything, but as fully functioning people, as if they had never died. aside from that, various creepy changes in nature start occurring as well. overall, its a pretty spooky show. a lot of scenes are genuinely sad and i feel like its really easy to relate to at times. the first season is only eight episodes, so i knocked it out in like two days. season two doesn't air until late 2014.

here's the show's intro and tv ad which doesn't really do it much justice

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0vtdR8iDxY

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYkiv3U2zg

I've been trying to get into Curb Your Enthusiasm, but the level of Seinfeld nothingness-as-a-plotline replication just pisses me off in this show.  I love Seinfeld, but done over again with an even more inept old man being constantly baffled by why stupid things happen and silly ways that people are inconsiderate.... Like I was just cringing throughout the episode about line skippers.

Been rewatching The OC the last few weeks. Up to season 3 episodes 8. I really love this show, probably my 2nd favourite show behind The Inbetweeners.

Watching it all in a row you kinda sit there wondering how so much bad shit can happen to such a small group of people haha, or how Marissa/Ryan can be so stupid, but still it's good

I hate how hard the latest season tried to be heart warming and emotional. Like that one episode where Jeff actually cared for and respected Britta, after she organized the party.

What I loved about the show was how the characters interacted, the conflicts that arose, how they dealt with them, and how there'd always be a hint of love/emotion/caring shared between characters - but it was always done in a subtle way. The last season they tried way too hard and it just seemed forced to me. 

Shows that I'm watching (with new episodes airing or coming out this fall/near future):

Breaking Bad

Parks and Rec

Community

Comedy Bang Bang

Maron

The Daily Show

Aqua TV Show Show

Futurama

Adventure Time

Regular Show

Bob's Burgers

American Dad

The Simpsons

Sword Art Online

sometimes I'll watch Elementary

I hate how hard the latest season tried to be heart warming and emotional. Like that one episode where Jeff actually cared for and respected Britta, after she organized the party.

What I loved about the show was how the characters interacted, the conflicts that arose, how they dealt with them, and how there'd always be a hint of love/emotion/caring shared between characters - but it was always done in a subtle way. The last season they tried way too hard and it just seemed forced to me. 

you do know the show runner was kicked off for the last season, so they had to scramble to make that shit work.  Now that Chevy left, the showrunner is coming back.  We should see a return to form this season.  Having said that, there was one fantastic episode this last season I thought, where the rich kid came to the school to scout it out and the Dean was trying to sway him to come to GreenDale and he steals Pop Pop from Magnitude.  haha I'm laughing just typing about it.