What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

25 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I swear anytime a new TV show/film gets massive ratings on iMDB it's because it's new and exciting and people are too thick to rate it objectively. Pisses me off. I guarantee in 6 months time, most people won't think it's as good as they rated it now.

People got really OTT about West World, I gave it a whirl a few months after the fuss died down around the first season and was mostly left wondering why everyone was having such huge erections over it. It was entertaining but riddled with issues and if you'd read Brave New World you knew exactly where it was going. 

I'm almost done with Deadwood, just in time to see the film. I've been wanting to watch it for years, I just had to be in the mood to watch a western to get started. After a while it doesn't even feel like a western, just a drama that happens to take place there. Great show, great actors. 

Just now, Elisa said:

I'm almost done with Deadwood, just in time to see the film. I've been wanting to watch it for years, I just had to be in the mood to watch a western to get started. After a while it doesn't even feel like a western, just a drama that happens to take place there. Great show, great actors. 

I haven't ever seen the show but I put the movie on the other night as background noise and ended up getting pretty into it. I think I'm gonna have to start the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Breath on Netflix (no idea if it’s on US version)

A deep sea diver is stranded on the seabed with 5 minutes of oxygen and no hope of rescue. With access to amazing archive this is the story of one man's impossible fight for survival.

very good doc. Well worth a watch. 8/10

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

@...Dan... thoughts on love island? 

I haven't watched since about day three, didn't really grab me to start with and now I'm working away for 2 weeks so I think that ship has probably sailed for me this year sadly.

Seen some stuff on social media about the last couple of days that sounds proper intense though.

9 hours ago, ungroovy said:

As with most originally UK works (aside from The Office, I won't hear rebuttal)

Haha no way. Reality shows I find Americans ones really fake, don’t get me wrong they’re all scripted to a point but I think the UK hides it better. I can’t stand American reality stuff.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:13 AM, Scott. said:

Haha no way. Reality shows I find Americans ones really fake, don’t get me wrong they’re all scripted to a point but I think the UK hides it better. I can’t stand American reality stuff.

I was agreeing with you, aside from the Office.