What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like all the new streaming services have made it impossible to keep up with the best shows, there are just too many at this point. 

I've been watching Watchmen, Silicon Valley, and Rick and Morty lately since they are all airing new episodes now. Silicon Valley has taken a noticeable step back IMO, it's just not nearly as funny or amusing as other seasons. Last season was a step back, this season is an even bigger step back...but it's the last season so I feel compelled to finish it. 

I want to check out the Mandalorian, but I'll probably wait till it's finished so I can binge them all. 

2 hours ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I will watch the Office 🤷‍♂️

Really need to get into something new here. I always get through 1.5 episodes then bail.

Recent attempts: The King, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, new Arrow, new Silicon Valley, Master of None

Stick with Breaking Bad, it's a slow burn, but man does it pay off like no other series really has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

Stick with Breaking Bad, it's a slow burn, but man does it pay off like no other series really has.

I'm 5 episodes in already after this post and I gotta say, I think I understand the hype.  The premise is awesome and it's already been super intense and had me on edge with the two other dealers/"bodies".  I'm hooked. 

The only thing I don't like right now are the wives, they're so stereotyped over irrational and it's really annoying but I think that's the point.  Also the kid who's character/dynamic I was really enjoying just randomly tells Walter to kill himself? Kind of took me out of it for a second, but the whole thing is great. I wonder if Kraze 8 could have been a good partner, but definitely not worth the risk.

22 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I must be one of the few people who found Breaking Bad really engaging from the very beginning.

No it is, I never started from the beginning was the problem, If you miss the premise you miss everything.. Started half way through since that's where everyone else was and just saw two guys involved with the drug cartels. The first 2 episodes have been the best so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I must be one of the few people who found Breaking Bad really engaging from the very beginning.

Oh don't get me wrong I was engaged at the beginning, but it only gets better and better as it goes on.  Though, I'd argue that it peaks probably in season 4.

• Like 1

Only 7 episodes in but I honestly don't even know if this family is worth it. The wife is a complete control freak you know what and gives zero shits about his say on his own life, and as much as I feel for the kid he constantly is calling his dad a pussy and that he should kill himself?  She comes off as the type of person who is probably cheating on him too.