What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It took me 3 separate attempts as well. The first 3 episodes we the biggest hurdle. First attempt I made it to episode 3 and turned it off. Second attempt I didn't even make it through the first episode again... 3rd attempt I second screened my phone until episode 4 and enjoyed the hell out of it after that. 

Haha same for me! 😂

I only made it to season 3 of GOT & then my husband started watching ahead without me because he could not wait & we just weren’t finding time to watch together. (One of us almost ALWAYS falls asleep before the kids are all out for the night 😂) He watched the whole series & loved it, I opted to wait & binge it someday...still have to do that. I’ll probably wait til summer when I have more time & can watch the entire thing in like a month. 

Just finished watchinf Dont Fk with cats on netflix. Extremely well produced and absolutely Mental yet Brilliant. But The way they treated the victim in this documentary reminds  of the way Barb was treated in Stranger Things...

A great watch nonetheless

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Watched that over the weekend as well, pretty wild.

i also checked it out after reading it here. what are your thoughts on it? throughout the series i was more and more convinced he did it all, but after things wrapped up at the end, I'm not so sure anymore

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

i also checked it out after reading it here. what are your thoughts on it? throughout the series i was more and more convinced he did it all, but after things wrapped up at the end, I'm not so sure anymore

I definitely think he did it...

Spoiler

I don't buy the narrative that it was due to CTE and/or oppression of his sexuality - though those certainly could've been contributing factors in what added up to a bit of a perfect storm (in the worst way). I think he had issues, major anger problems, and got in with the wrong crowd. It would definitely be an interesting case to examine from a psychological perspective, you can pretty much track the downfall back to his father's passing which is sad. I also can't even begin to comprehend how dumb you could be with the evidence they left behind, so clearly he/they weren't the brightest of criminals.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hide contents

I don't buy the narrative that it was due to CTE and/or oppression of his sexuality - though those certainly could've been contributing factors in what added up to a bit of a perfect storm (in the worst way). I think he had issues, major anger problems, and got in with the wrong crowd. It would definitely be an interesting case to examine from a psychological perspective, you can pretty much track the downfall back to his father's passing which is sad. I also can't even begin to comprehend how dumb you could be with the evidence they left behind, so clearly he/they weren't the brightest of criminals.

i kinda feel the same.... what bothers me the most is that the other two guys involved in the odin murder where not mentioned that much. did they testify? what did they say about it all. i read that they are in jail for helping but i think their hearing would be crucial to understand how hernandez' mind works.. did they says who did it? anything tangible?

you got any info on that ?

57 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hide contents

also the fact that the car was stored at his cousins garage is a major indication that he was heavily involved for me. I'm also feeling very offended by the way the hearing for that case went. is that a common procedure in the US? you have a famous lawyer who knows how to talk, and they just call him not guilty and case closed? that is horrifying.

Edit: I'm not trying to blame the legal system in the US, i just try to understand the case without being brainwashed by a documentary. I understand that the evidence wasn't strong enough to name hernandez guilty. but it wasn't enough to just dismiss the case. the murderers vehicle was found in his cousins garage after all?

On 1/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree. I think if there was just one of these factors maybe things wouldn't have gone the way they did. Very sad, maybe it he had got help it would have ended differently. I don't think any of those factors excuse the behaviour of course, but it's sad to see that maybe it didn't have to go that way for all families involved.

23 hours ago, Speedo said:

It looks a while but I finished Mandalorian, it was okay. 

Yeah I just finished it last night as well... I'm not a Star Wars nerd by any means, so not sure of its significance or even the timeline, but it was ok. Reminded me of a video game format, with like 35-40 minute missions.

Is there anything else on Disney+ worth watching now? Have it for the kiddo regardless, but jw. 

14 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I just finished it last night as well... I'm not a Star Wars nerd by any means, so not sure of its significance or even the timeline, but it was ok. Reminded me of a video game format, with like 35-40 minute missions.

Is there anything else on Disney+ worth watching now? Have it for the kiddo regardless, but jw. 

We mostly use it for the kids, I know they have all the Marvel and Star Wars but that's not really my thing so I don't pay much attention. The Simpsons are on there and Dark Wing Duck... 

On 1/17/2020 at 3:22 PM, heater said:

Currently watching Grace & Frankie. So damn funny. I cannot wait to be an old lady, do what I want & not give one single fuck about how people feel about it. 

Also just binged that Aaron Hernandez docuseries...craziness! 

So good. So warm. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

So sad on all levels. 

8 hours ago, Speedo said:

We mostly use it for the kids, I know they have all the Marvel and Star Wars but that's not really my thing so I don't pay much attention. The Simpsons are on there and Dark Wing Duck... 

Yessss!!! And Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales & TaleSpin!!! The kiddos love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but I switch it to the good stuff when they nap. 

11 minutes ago, Ari said:

So good. So warm. 

Yes!! It’s one of my favorites, I watched this most recent season so fast. My gramma is legitimately one of my very best friends & this show makes me wish I was old with her....or she could stay the same forever, til I’m old with her. She’s my Grace, minus all the cocktails & I am her Frankie, minus 50ish years. She keeps me grounded & I bring the crazy. 😂

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I think I’m gonna drop Disney+ until they bring out those marvel shows. There’s just not enough to do a monthly sub atm.

• 2 weeks later...