What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

I kinda hate Netflix nowadays. It's impossible to find a show to watch. 

Earlier they had all the shows in their categories and then they had one category where all "international" shows where. Nowadays they're all mixed and it feels like everything is in Spanish or some shit like that, and they doesn't even specify that the shows are in other languages so you find a show, read the plot, get fired up because you found an interesting one, press play, and that fucking shit is in fucking Spanish, danish or French or something like that. Pisses me off.

32 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Earlier they had all the shows in their categories and then they had one category where all "international" shows where. Nowadays they're all mixed and it feels like everything is in Spanish or some shit like that, and they doesn't even specify that the shows are in other languages so you find a show, read the plot, get fired up because you found an interesting one, press play, and that fucking shit is in fucking Spanish, danish or French or something like that. Pisses me off.

Got subtitles haven’t you? Just because it’s a different language doesn’t mean it’s shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Got subtitles haven’t you? Just because it’s a different language doesn’t mean it’s shit. 

Why would I want to watch something I don't understand? It was much better the way it was before. 

Reading subtitles completely destroys the feeling and are often weirdly translated. 

I mean, at least they could specify that the shows are in a different language? 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

I always have subtitles on even watching English stuff. I love subtitles. 

Nothing wrong with that, I just don't want to watch something in a language that I don't understand. If they would specify that the shows are in a different language the problem would go away. One other problem with this is when the preview comes on it's always dubbed to English if it's in another language. They've lost their grip

4 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I agree with this aside from the subtitles issue. Netflix's problem is that they go for quantity over quality. It seems like a lot of shows/movies will just aim to hire one big actor/actress and then mail it in for the rest of production. It's like the opposite of HBO.

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

I'd rather watch a show in its original language and read the subtitles than have it dubbed over, it just feels more authentic because I can see the actors act in their own language.

This! I tried to watch Dark with English dubbed over and it was terrible. Quickly switched back to German with English subtitles and it was much more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yeah I've seen some great foreign language stuff. And some bizarre stuff. 

51 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I agree with this aside from the subtitles issue. Netflix's problem is that they go for quantity over quality. It seems like a lot of shows/movies will just aim to hire one big actor/actress and then mail it in for the rest of production. It's like the opposite of HBO.

This! I tried to watch Dark with English dubbed over and it was terrible. Quickly switched back to German with English subtitles and it was much more enjoyable. 

I too tried watching a couple of minutes of Dark, but it was in German and that made it terrible.

56 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Are you broken? He said foreign. Christ 

all those shows are shite btw

He's foreign, you fucking idiot. Also BSG is briiliant. 

8 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

While we're on this topic, what are everyone's favourite foreign film/tv shows?

Off the top of my head, I recently enjoyed Parasite, Let the Right One In, Run Lola Run, and Roma. 

Let The Right One in us fucking wonderful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Imagine limiting yourself on so much good TV/Films because you're too fucking lazy to read subtitles.

Would you prefer a film/series set in another country where they all unrealistically speak in English rather than the local dialect, that destroys the feel of it much more than having to read subtitles - far more authentic as well.

Imagine how shit Narcos would be if you had all the cartels talking to each other in English for example? would completely wreck it.

You sound like Trump when he was bitching about Parasite winning an Oscar @twentytwenty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Imagine limiting yourself on so much good TV/Films because you're too fucking lazy to read subtitles.

Would you prefer a film/series set in another country where they all unrealistically speak in English rather than the local dialect, that destroys the feel of it much more than having to read subtitles - far more authentic as well.

Imagine how shit Narcos would be if you had all the cartels talking to each other in English for example? would completely wreck it.

You sound like Trump when he was bitching about Parasite winning an Oscar @twentytwenty

I just don't get entertained by something in languages I don't understand, is it something wrong with that?