What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

Yep, Lost is the best show ever.  It's not the most tightly written show ever, but it has the best characters.  The journey's are just too good.  The deep level of flaws.  Different settings they come up with, too immersive.  Some cheesy lines here and there but damn if it doesn't work sometimes.

15 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Yep, Lost is the best show ever.  It's not the most tightly written show ever, but it has the best characters.  The journey's are just too good.  The deep level of flaws.  Different settings they come up with, too immersive.  Some cheesy lines here and there but damn if it doesn't work sometimes.

Have you finished season 3 yet?

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

Have you finished season 3 yet?

Yeah, poor Charlie though.  Des and his chemistry was unmatched. They had to throw so much back story in too right before to make you depressed.  Season 4 is already off to a rocking start.  I didn't love first half season 3.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Season 3 final episode is peak television.

Yes Hurley in the van scene was the best.

It'll be interesting to see how Jan's opinion of the show changes after he watches the series finale. On my scale of finales, which goes something like:

10/10 - Breaking Bad

3/10 - Game of Thrones

0/10 - Dexter 

Lost falls around the 7 - 7.5/10 mark. It was polarizing for sure, but at least it was original and kind of made you think. 

23 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Yeah, poor Charlie though.  Des and his chemistry was unmatched. They had to throw so much back story in too right before to make you depressed.  Season 4 is already off to a rocking start.  I didn't love first half season 3.

I still remember watching the season 3 finale when it aired and when they revealed that Jack's story was a flashforward, I just about shit my pants. So good.

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I still remember watching the season 3 finale when it aired and when they revealed that Jack's story was a flashforward, I just about shit my pants. So good.

You mean when you realize the 'flashback' where he's an alcoholic with a beard is actually in future tense and at some point from when they return from the island? And then only to find out it's future future because something happens and there don't get saved by Niomi? I'm not on flash forwards yet.

Yeah shit was intense, mixed in with the hostage escaping with Hurley Sawyer Jin Sayiid, mixed in with Charlie Desmond underwater, yeah, it was a great finale.

Season 2 is still my favorite so far, John Locke has gotten weird since and Jack sort of too, but season 3 finale was the best.

Started Twin Peaks for the first time after hearing my whole life that it's one of the best shows ever. 4 episodes in and I'm liking it so far! It's a weirdly comfy show for me because the setting just reminds me a ton of my childhood, being in the rainy pacific northwestern United States in the 90s. It's also just a weird show, period. haha. Not really what I was expecting (I went in knowing nothing about it tbf) but I'm def looking forward to watching more of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Started Twin Peaks for the first time after hearing my whole life that it's one of the best shows ever. 4 episodes in and I'm liking it so far! It's a weirdly comfy show for me because the setting just reminds me a ton of my childhood, being in the rainy pacific northwestern United States in the 90s. It's also just a weird show, period. haha. Not really what I was expecting (I went in knowing nothing about it tbf) but I'm def looking forward to watching more of it.

I love the focus on the little things, a slice of pie - a cup of coffee. Cooper’s love of life is infectious, great show 

16 hours ago, Cum said:

It'll be interesting to see how Jan's opinion of the show changes after he watches the series finale. On my scale of finales, which goes something like:

10/10 - Breaking Bad

3/10 - Game of Thrones

0/10 - Dexter 

Lost falls around the 7 - 7.5/10 mark. It was polarizing for sure, but at least it was original and kind of made you think. 

I don't think it's gonna ruin anything for me, shows get bad near the end often.  Office had baddish final seasons, Silicone Valley went from great to shit, you can separate them easier because it's a show and not a movie.  Granted, Lost is kind of like a movie..

I will agree Breaking Bad had the best ending of any show I've seen.  I was in tears over Walt's final invention to get Jesse back, which was so incredibly deep and dark at that point.

7 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

A bad ending doesn't ruin a show for me. Obviously a solid ending is so much better, but if I enjoy 90% or more of a series, I'm not going to disown it because of a weak ending.

I feel like most shows don’t have great endings so I don’t like to judge shows based on their endings either. I can hardly think of any show endings that I thought were really great.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, _jan said:

Fake news. Breaking Bad is the best show ever 

23 minutes ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Fake news. Breaking Bad is the best show ever 

Breaking Bad is a perfect show start to finish, and likely my favorite.  Both are very different, so hard to compare. 

It's like, Lord of the Rings vs Pulp Fiction vs Wedding Crashers

Lost vs Breaking Bad vs The Office

Just depends on the mood you're in, all great, and yes those are my top 3 personal picks for movie and TV, gut choices. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, _jan said:

Breaking Bad is a perfect show start to finish, and likely my favorite.  Both are very different, so hard to compare. 

It's like, Lord of the Rings vs Pulp Fiction vs Wedding Crashers

Lost vs Breaking Bad vs The Office

Just depends on the mood you're in, all great, and yes those are my top 3 personal picks for movie and TV, gut choices. 

... Wedding Crashers? Oh dear.