What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

We watched it in the dub and it was fine, just overacted. The series was good until the last episode which wasn't great but that had nothing to do with the english dubs. 

I put dub on an episode once i finished it out of curiosity, it was shite.

You've made the show significantly worse not watching it with subtitles and the native language.

I have no idea why people watched dubbed stuff, it's always wank.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I put dub on an episode once i finished it out of curiosity, it was shite.

You've made the show significantly worse not watching it with subtitles and the native language.

I have no idea why people watched dubbed stuff, it's always wank.

I liked the show just fine.

are you guys pro-subtitle or anti-subtitle when watching TV in the english language?

i knew someone who stopped seeing a girl because she didn't like to have subtitles on while they were watching netflix. he was convinced it was because she was a slow reader.

Just now, Nasa said:

that sucks, you're missing out on some great stuff.

Yeah I totally get that, but it’s just how I am. 

Funny story about dubbed shows: When Quicksand got released on Netflix, I started watching it, it started on English by default, it took me quite a while, like 15 - 20 minutes to figure out that it was dubbed. And then it turned out to be in Swedish. So there I was, watching a Swedish show dubbed to English for 20 fracking minutes 😂

6 minutes ago, Nasa said:

are you guys pro-subtitle or anti-subtitle when watching TV in the english language?

i knew someone who stopped seeing a girl because she didn't like to have subtitles on while they were watching netflix. he was convinced it was because she was a slow reader.

Anti. I have a streaming app on Apple TV which have some shows where the subtitles can’t be turned off and I immediately change show if that happens. I only use subtitles in situations where I didn’t hear what they said, and this goes for shows that’s is both in Swedish and English.

11 hours ago, Nasa said:

I'm pro-subs. They help me stay focused on what I'm watching.

I’m so used to watch stuff with subs it almost feels weird not to have them on

honestly find english stuff a bit hard to follow without them, takes me a bit of time to adjust the brain and I fall out whenever someone’s mumbling. Prefer to have subs on when I watch stuff in my first langugage as well tho. Only bad thing I can think of is that it ruins the timing here and there because you can read things before they’ve been said

17 hours ago, Nasa said:

I only have subs if they’re mumbly cunts I can’t understand but that usually annoys me enough to just stop watching all together.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, Speedo said:

It's fine until the last episode, they mucked up the ending but yeah the rest is okay.

The ending was great, just watched it. I have no clue what your issue was.

In live action I prefer to watch shows or movies in their native languages. If it's animated I always want English.

If a show is in English I usually won't have subtitles on unless I'm in a situation where I can't have the volume up high enough because other people are around. For example, I'm currently visiting family and I'm the only one here who has insomnia so I'm up super late watching horror movies (because October!) and I can't have the volume up too much while everyone else is sleeping. In that case I'm okay with subs. But if I can hear everything just fine they're distracting and they also sometimes just spoil reveals and reactions like one second early and it drives me crazy, especially if its the punchline in a comedy.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Midnight Mass? I haven't started it yet but I definitely want to. It's by the same guy who did The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor which I loved. Last October I didn't watch nearly enough horror to satisfy me and I'm trying (so far successfully) to make up for that this year.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Has anyone seen Midnight Mass? I haven't started it yet but I definitely want to. It's by the same guy who did The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor which I loved. Last October I didn't watch nearly enough horror to satisfy me and I'm trying (so far successfully) to make up for that this year.

I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched all of season 1 of We Are Ladyparts and it’s fucking brilliant. Show about an all muslim women punk band with bloody weird surrealism elements all the way through. No idea how it even got made but im here for it.

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez have easily become my favourite unlikely comedic trio with Only Murders In The Building. Season 1 was such a chaotic and incredibly funny ride from start to finish.

I was eyeing that!