What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

@Elisa the end of the most recent Better Call Saul really was hard to watch.

Spoiler

You knew it was coming, but it was still a shock. I think that sometimes it takes the ending of a character to really understand who he was all along. What a way to go. 

51 minutes ago, Elisa said:
  Hide contents

You knew it was coming, but it was still a shock. I think that sometimes it takes the ending of a character to really understand who he was all along. What a way to go. 

Spoiler

Exactly. From pretty much the beginning of the series, it seemed likely that Nacho would end up dead, but the way it happened was so well done.

Do you think Kim is going to die? I think the best case scenario for her is that she'll hit rock bottom and realize she needs to get as far away from Jimmy as possible, but I could also see her getting killed, unfortunately.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Exactly. From pretty much the beginning of the series, it seemed likely that Nacho would end up dead, but the way it happened was so well done.

Do you think Kim is going to die? I think the best case scenario for her is that she'll hit rock bottom and realize she needs to get as far away from Jimmy as possible, but I could also see her getting killed, unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I'd like to think they wouldn't write that kind of ending for Kim. It's too dark and it would be too devastating for Jimmy.

I'm also not particularly cheering Kim on into what she's becoming. She was the moral center of the show and now she's doubling down on her worst impulses and she's setting herself up for tragedy. What I like about it though is that she realised that the system is not fair and adopted the 'ends justify the means' philosophy. And that's what makes it tragic for me. An ideal/law abiding woman gradually compromising on her moral because of the systematic failure.
My money is still on her ruining her own career, she gets disbarred and ends up working with Saul on his cases on Breaking Bad in the shadows. Or something like that. But I can also see her dying:(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any you Brits watched 'The Thief, His Wife and The Canoe'?

Absolutely batshit true story about a bloke faking his own death with his canoe. 

Four-part drama based on the extraordinary story of how prison officer John Darwin faked his own death to claim life insurance and avoid bankruptcy - unbeknownst to his two sons.

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Any you Brits watched 'The Thief, His Wife and The Canoe'?

Absolutely batshit true story about a bloke faking his own death with his canoe. 

Four-part drama based on the extraordinary story of how prison officer John Darwin faked his own death to claim life insurance and avoid bankruptcy - unbeknownst to his two sons.

No but I’ve heard of it. Will probably watch soon 

I started watching the staircase and realised it was 13 eps long so fucked it off. I haven’t got time for 13 eps ffs. I knew the cunt was guilty within about 5 mins and he was on about the temperature outside that night the fucking oddball

43 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

I started watching the staircase and realised it was 13 eps long so fucked it off. I haven’t got time for 13 eps ffs. I knew the cunt was guilty within about 5 mins and he was on about the temperature outside that night the fucking oddball

Do you mean the new HBO miniseries or the documentary?

16 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Do you mean the new HBO miniseries or the documentary?

The doc on the case. 2004. Find the whole family odd apart from that one daughter who believes her father done it. I only watched one episode but spoke to my mum about it who’s crime obsessed. I couldn’t commit to 13 eps fuck that

On 4/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, Elisa said:

Kinda wish Better Call Saul did recaps because last night I spent a lot of those first two episodes trying to remember what went on in season 5

Glad I'm not alone on this. This season has been borderline confusing for me so far because I can't remember what is going on.

I enjoy BCS, but if I did it again I'd just wait until the series was complete and watch it all at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blonde said:

The doc on the case. 2004. Find the whole family odd apart from that one daughter who believes her father done it. I only watched one episode but spoke to my mum about it who’s crime obsessed. I couldn’t commit to 13 eps fuck that

Yeah, I watched the documentary years ago and enjoyed it, but it's probably excessively detailed for people who aren't into true crime. I started watching the miniseries yesterday.

5 hours ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Have been trying Suits.

It's very bang average but I'm not giving up on it yet.  I just can't get into BCS despite being the biggest BB fan. This feels like a cheap, more accessible version of that or Mad Men.

Loved Suits

22 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

The guy on the "Staircase" case is guilty AF. And it all seems so clear to me that I don't understand how there are people that think otherwise.

• Like 1

I don't like how BCS drastically hops from one thing to another and changes pacing. Suddenly going to Lalo in Germany in the last quarter of the episode felt like I was watching a different show. Covering material I barely remember from years ago as well.. Show is on kind of shaky ground for me currently.

PS- the boxing match was weird

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

I don't like how BCS drastically hops from one thing to another and changes pacing. Suddenly going to Lalo in Germany in the last quarter of the episode felt like I was watching a different show. Covering material I barely remember from years ago as well.. Show is on kind of shaky ground for me currently.

PS- the boxing match was weird

I just watched it. Yeah at some point I realized she had to be the wife of that german guy from a couple of seasons ago, but it's been a long time and I don't really remember anything about that guy, just that he built a lab for Gus?? If we are supposed to know what Lalo is plotting, I don't know haha but I just enjoyed the episode. Feels like a return to earlier seasons' style.

The Howard stuff is going to backfire big time though. Jimmy is going so hard after him and I get it, but it doesn't feel as justified imo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...