Jump to content
 

What TV show are you watching?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched all 9 seasons of Seinfeld in less than two months. I had a great time!

She was actually a great writing exercise in how to make a character who can be hateable but who is also mostly morally correct and arguably the moral center of the show. The reality is that she repre

Oh, is that the episode where someone has a really confusing illness and House is rude to everyone but it's all okay because he figures it out in the end?

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

Why is Jason Bateman getting so much hate in this thread?

His most prominent role was in Arrested Development, which he did a great job in. He was great in Zootopia. I know he's done a lot of cash in movies like Horrible Bosses and crappy comedies, but those were bad scripts, not bad acting. I am honestly perplexed as to why people here dislike him, other than assuming some of the movies he was in means he's a bad actor, which is a poor use of logic. 

Hear hear!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrested Development is the funniest show ever. You people are wild.

although I am somewhat afraid to watch Ozark because I might not be able to take Jason Bateman trying to be serious seriously lol

----

Right now I'm on the second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Started it because of Ellie Kemper and still watching it for the same reason tbh.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Arested development first 2 seasons are the funniest show you will ever watch...

 

How can watching the pilot for ten minutes turn you off anything lol

If I did that for every show I wouldn't of watch parks and recreation because the first season was meh, I wouldn't of watched the office us for the same reason and probably game of thrones!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Arested development first 2 seasons are the funniest show you will ever watch...

 

How can watching the pilot for ten minutes turn you off anything lol

If I did that for every show I wouldn't of watch parks and recreation because the first season was meh, I wouldn't of watched the office us for the same reason and probably game of thrones!

Because American comedy is wank. Like I said I dunno why I bothered. 10 mins in and I was cringing like fuck, hating Bateman didn't help mind

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and Scott usually violently disagree when it comes to TV but I'm with him on this one. I watched a few seasons of Arrested Development, trying to get into it, and I just couldn't. I can see why others like it but it's massively overrated. Same goes for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. 

Also @Scott. because of you I started watching Black Mirror. love it so far, seen the first 5 from Season 3. 

Also I don't know if anyone was curious about 'Atypical' but heres my brief thoughts - It actually has an almost reasonable understanding of autism unlike most shows that have autistic characters, however its still a bit messy. the main issue is the show likes to present itself as the family dealing with an autistic teenager, but from what I can tell little to none of their issues are with his problems. He's actually fairly good at taking care of himself considering. The mother in the show is abhorrent, to the point where I renamed the show in my head as "Autistic Kid With A Shit Mum" and she's constantly going on about the problems with raising him, yet they have little to no screen time together. 

I'm not sure if the show was trying to say 'parents of autistic people like to go a little OTT on the "poor me" thought process' or if they're just so wrapped up in the concept of an autistic character that they forgot to actually have him do anything genuinely destructive, because most of his actions are the actions of any 'neuro-typical' teenager.

It is a good show, just oddly focused on a crap mum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like alot of American comedies but like Scott says most of it is cringe! There was some good shit out there but they have mostly ended or run there course pretty much...

Brittish comedy is so much smarter and darker, I'm not saying it's superior.... :) ...

 

But iam biased, I love stuff like Mitchel and Webb look, Peep show, it crowd, faulty towers, bottom, the mighty boosh, inbetweeners around that spectrum tbh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

I like alot of American comedies but like Scott says most of it is cringe! There was some good shit out there but they have mostly ended or run there course pretty much...

Brittish comedy is so much smarter and darker, I'm not saying it's superior.... :) ...

 

But iam biased, I love stuff like Mitchel and Webb look, Peep show, it crowd, faulty towers, bottom, the mighty boosh, inbetweeners around that spectrum tbh 

Despite being British, I'm not the biggest fan of British comedy. it does have it's moments though and I agree that sometimes it can be cleverer than the average American comedy. However, that doesn't apply to most of the shows you just listed haha. I love Mitchell and Webb, Peep Show was funny but also incredibly depressing, IT Crowd was funny but a bit daft, Faulty Towers is a classic, Bottom was just gross, I have never understand the like for The Mighty Boosh and Inbetweeners is funny in a simple-cringe way. I do like it but only because it appeals to the 14-year-old-boy humour part of my brain that also appreciates blink. 

If you like smart comedies though, I'd go for Community if you haven't tried it. It's American but bloody brilliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kay said:

Despite being British, I'm not the biggest fan of British comedy. it does have it's moments though and I agree that sometimes it can be cleverer than the average American comedy. However, that doesn't apply to most of the shows you just listed haha. I love Mitchell and Webb, Peep Show was funny but also incredibly depressing, IT Crowd was funny but a bit daft, Faulty Towers is a classic, Bottom was just gross, I have never understand the like for The Mighty Boosh and Inbetweeners is funny in a simple-cringe way. I do like it but only because it appeals to the 14-year-old-boy humour part of my brain that also appreciates blink. 

If you like smart comedies though, I'd go for Community if you haven't tried it. It's American but bloody brilliant. 

Yeh community is one of my all time favourites I was sad to see that show end! How a show like that gets treated and then shows like the big bang theory keep going baffles me ...

 

I love the trampoline episode so much lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kay said:

Me and Scott usually violently disagree when it comes to TV but I'm with him on this one. I watched a few seasons of Arrested Development, trying to get into it, and I just couldn't. I can see why others like it but it's massively overrated. Same goes for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. 

Also @Scott. because of you I started watching Black Mirror. love it so far, seen the first 5 from Season 3. 

Also I don't know if anyone was curious about 'Atypical' but heres my brief thoughts - It actually has an almost reasonable understanding of autism unlike most shows that have autistic characters, however its still a bit messy. the main issue is the show likes to present itself as the family dealing with an autistic teenager, but from what I can tell little to none of their issues are with his problems. He's actually fairly good at taking care of himself considering. The mother in the show is abhorrent, to the point where I renamed the show in my head as "Autistic Kid With A Shit Mum" and she's constantly going on about the problems with raising him, yet they have little to no screen time together. 

I'm not sure if the show was trying to say 'parents of autistic people like to go a little OTT on the "poor me" thought process' or if they're just so wrapped up in the concept of an autistic character that they forgot to actually have him do anything genuinely destructive, because most of his actions are the actions of any 'neuro-typical' teenager.

It is a good show, just oddly focused on a crap mum. 

What did you think of San Junipero with the lesbians? Great wasn't it.

get season 1 and 2 watched asap and the xmas special

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

What did you think of San Junipero with the lesbians? Great wasn't it.

get season 1 and 2 watched asap and the xmas special

I *may* have cried haha. I loved the horror game one, and the weird app rating wedding one was pretty entertaining. the one with the anonymous filming dodgy people and getting them to do stuff one was both incredibly intriguing and made me uncomfortable, possibly my favourite out of the 5 so far. The Roaches one was a bit obvious, kind of saw it coming a mile off. it was well done though, especially the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...