What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

I had a rick and morty birthday cake....

ST never seemed interesting to me on a "what's really going on" level. It seemed super hackneyed to me. Also I didn't like most of the kids, as they're just kind of generic Goonies wannabes to me.

I think the last two seasons saved Community. It certainly had a slump, but the first three seasons are A+ shit. Also the last two seasons are pretty decently executed. Glad it ended though, the characters were barely hanging on there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I had a rick and morty birthday cake....

ST never seemed interesting to me on a "what's really going on" level. It seemed super hackneyed to me. Also I didn't like most of the kids, as they're just kind of generic Goonies wannabes to me.

I knew I wasn't crazy,

I watched about three episodes (the first three specifically) of Rick and Morty and really didn't find it all that funny. It has a good sense of humor, and the animation is cool, but it just felt like too much shit was happening and it constantly needed that energy to sustain itself. Is that how the show is supposed to be all the time?

Although to be fair, your post was pretty spot on regarding the show's formula on too much shit happening. 

10 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

well, the first three episodes are arguably the weakest.

I loved Anatomy Park and Lawnmower Dog. The pilot is surprisingly weak, though. The pilot and the finale were probably the worst episodes of season 1, with all of the other episodes being great IMO. 

1 minute ago, Kvothe said:

I loved Anatomy Park and Lawnmower Dog. The pilot is surprisingly weak, though. The pilot and the finale were probably the worst episodes of season 1, with all of the other episodes being great IMO. 

Yeah, I think season 1 is quite strong anyway minus the pilot. Probably watching all the first three episodes at once tampered with my digestion of them. I could see it getting better and my mind probably adjusting to the humor.

7 hours ago, Kvothe said:

My top 10 for "modern", which I define as the most recent episode airing in the last 10 years, would be something like:

1. Breaking Bad
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Handmaid's Tale
  4. Better Call Saul
  5. Arrested Development (seasons 1-3)
  6. Stranger Things
  7. Rick and Morty
  8. Black Mirror
  9. Fargo
  10. Westworld (haven't seen season 2 yet) 

Shit.

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

• Peep Show (03-15)
  • Enlightened (11-13)
  • Twin Peaks (90-91, 2017)
  • Mad Men (07-15)
  • Breaking Bad (08-13)
  • The Jynx (2015)
  • Game of Thrones (11-)
  • Rick & Morty (2013-)
  • The Deuce (2017- )
  • Community (2009-2015)

Dogshit. Grow up.

8 hours ago, Nasa said:

I'd say my top 5 are:

1) BoJack Horseman

2) Arrested Development

3) Malcolm in the Middle

4) Bob's Burgers

5) maybe Game of Thrones? Black Mirror? Lost? I don't know.

You get a pass :)

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

I understand everyone has their own taste but New Girl shouldn't be on anyone's top 5 TV show list.

It's not better show than it's comparables - Always Sunny, HIMYM, etc, but I personally just liked the characters better.  I don't think it'll stay on my list but it's a guilty pleasure of mine not afraid to admit.

My favourite show of all time will always be The Sopranos, it's endlessly rewatchable, I've done the full series at least 6 times and I could talk about it for days.

At the moment I'm watching the weekly episodes of Better Call Saul, Shameless and The Deuce. And I can't wait to binge watch the new season of Bojack this weekend. 

• Like 1

i probably need to rewatch rick and morty s3. i really, really disliked it in comparison to the first two seasons. specifically season 2, which i thought was incredible.

i've been rewatching gravity falls with commentary and it's really enlightening to me as a writer and fan of that show. i don't watch stuff very often (which is why i don't post in this thread), but i've been enjoying watching this show again. i do have a bad problem with only watching comedy and animation, so maybe my enjoyment of semi-binging this show will lead me to finally tackle the long list of shows i've been wanting to watch forever.

37 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i probably need to rewatch rick and morty s3. i really, really disliked it in comparison to the first two seasons. specifically season 2, which i thought was incredible.

i've been rewatching gravity falls with commentary and it's really enlightening to me as a writer and fan of that show. i don't watch stuff very often (which is why i don't post in this thread), but i've been enjoying watching this show again. i do have a bad problem with only watching comedy and animation, so maybe my enjoyment of semi-binging this show will lead me to finally tackle the long list of shows i've been wanting to watch forever.

I agree, it was really hit or miss for me. I didn't really get the hype with the Pickle Rick episode (which actually just won an Emmy). 

The best episode IMO were: The Rickshank Redemption, The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy, The Ricklantis Mixup, and Morty's Mind Blowers. Most of the other episodes were average to good. The finale was very underwhelming. 

35 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I agree, it was really hit or miss for me. I didn't really get the hype with the Pickle Rick episode (which actually just won an Emmy). 

The best episode IMO were: The Rickshank Redemption, The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy, The Ricklantis Mixup, and Morty's Mind Blowers. Most of the other episodes were average to good. The finale was very underwhelming. 

saaaaaame, those were my favorites! rickshank was disappointing to me at first until i realized how brilliant it was, but eps like ricklantis and even morty's mind blowers were winners for me all along. it felt like a lot of the season was trying to bite off more than they could chew story-wise and it just became... not as funny. and pickle rick, while not funny in the first place to me, was also lame to me because the family therapy stuff felt so forced. it ended like s2e03 but without any of the buildup

• Like 1