What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 11/3/2018 at 11:57 PM, NJansaid said:

Office has officially taken the top spot for me.  I get the hype now..just takes time and patience to get into it.  Only tops Parks & Rec for me because P&R was too short.

1. Office

2. Parks & Rec

3. Black Mirror

4. Workaholics

5. Archer

Hm: Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley could have been my favorite but fell off so much after first couple seasons.  Just same episode every time.

Well, at least New Girl is no longer on your list. 

47 minutes ago, Methodist Coloring Book said:

I finished Haunting of Hill House about two weeks back. It was great until the weak ass ending.

Agreed, fuck that ending.

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Well, at least New Girl is no longer on your list. 

New Girl is still a good show, don't see the problem ?‍♀️ 

• 3 weeks later...

The Office series finale was absolutely awful. Heck, the whole last couple seasons were pretty off for me.  Not uncommon opinion but why did it get so weird? Dwight tranquilizing  people now? Hated the whole documentary circle talk thing too, was just looking forward to Michael and then had only 2 lines in his return.. bummer. Creed was the only one to save it with a couple parts.

I guess all good things can't last but I'm re watching earlier episodes now just to forget it. 

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I called it in season 6 when Dwight fakes a fire drill with a real fire. Officially the jump the shark moment for me.

I agree, it was so perfectly balancing on that ridiculous yet relatable type line, then they got carried away for some reason.

They still kept it together season 5/6 though with only sparse moments like that up until last couple seasons then fully jumped.

Not to mention the new cast members were never any good outside Erin.

Went back to watching season 2 and honestly burst out laughing again right away with the episode of Dwight going to save Michael from his oven burn.

Favorite moment was probbaly when Kevin dropped the chilli though. 

• Like 1

Yeah I still like like it a lot up until they went too over the top in season 8/9.  Even some of season 8 I liked with Andy in charge. But yeah, Dwight doing things like tranquilizing Stanley, weak new cast members, it was too off putting and took you out of it.  I couldn't finish season 9 had to watch finale and call it.

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It kind of helps my case they had run out of ideas by then because they essentially got BJ Novak to expand on a season 2 joke.

Yeah but it was a good episode. Speaking of BJ Novak, underrated character.  Gets ranked low everywhere I read, would be in my top 5.