Billie Joe money problems?

High Value Man

Now normally I'd just think he's just selling one of his cars off, no big deal.

But the fact that he is attaching his name to the car as a selling point and including a signed guitar (complete with a picture of him holding the guitar) leads me to believe that he is having problems......lol

But I guess he sees now that his name means nothing attached to a car. $30K is really cheap.......your average 13 y/o doesn't have $100K. Sorry Billie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-BMW-2002TII-BILLIE-JOE-ARMSTRONG-W-SIGNED-FENDER-GUITAR-TITLED-CELEB-CAR-/390718597042?viewitem=&item=390718597042&forcerRptr=true&nma=true&si=is4IIdvFyPUDPLQwhuy7NcCIuk8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_43273wt_923

I don't really see this as an indication of money problems.  It seems more to me that he's just trying to make some extra money in a shameless ploy where he attaches his name to the product.  

But I could certainly be wrong, he could have money issues, he's clearly had drug and alcohol problems in the past, seems possible he spent a lot of money foolishly.

You could be right who knows.

Wasn't the whole rehab/meltdown kind of huge blow to his career though? Just as the album was coming out he was MIA and everything kind of just fizzled. He is still spending money like he did during his AI days, I think he'd be having problems.....

I think it is hilarious how the auction says that the car would be a great investment.....Actually it would be a shitty investment. Most serious car collectors aren't going to give a shit that Billie Joe once owned it.

Yeah plus 'Good Riddance' and 'Basket Case' must make them decent dosh on the daily.

Not enough. Fools with poor money management skills can be broke no matter how much the earn....look at Michael Jackson.

If I know Billie Joe, he spends every penny he makes just about and then when the income slows up he has problems. There really is no other explaination to do this....at least none that I can see.

I think The only reason someone would use their name to sell a car and sign a guitar to go with it, would be for charity or if money was in short supply.

Oliver you seem to be stimulated by other people's bad luck. I mean, from what I understand you don't even like Green Day. I even remember when things weren't going good for FOB's Patrick Stump and you were all over that like you got off on it. I doubt things are THAT bad for Billie Joe, but who knows, and more importantly who gives a fuck? Why should someones financial situation be yours or anyone elses business?

Nevermind, he's sold over 75 million records worldwide. There's absolutely no way he's broke unless he literally gave it all away somehow or never paid his taxes ever. That plus the merch, tours, royalties, etc. all of that so there's absolutely no way he doesn't have money. 

Probably did it for some reason....

Thing is, I'm pretty sure most people and celebrities once they make a lot of money hire a broker or the like to make wise investments for them, and that becomes their job.  If at any time after Dookie, Billie was smart enough to find someone to make him some good investments, he wouldn't have to worry about money for the rest of his life regardless of if he ever makes another successful album or not.

With 5,600 miles on it since 2002, it's probably one of his many cars that sits around not getting any use and he doesn't need it anymore. If it is a signal of money problems, it would be the start of it because he has so many other assets he could turn to cash.  Maybe it's a quick fix? Who knows