Super Hero movies thread

IenjoyLongWalks

With all these superhero films coming out in the next few years, I thought we could just have one thread for all discussions.

Can a mod/admin please merge the Ant Man thread I made too?

Here a picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy http://i.imgur.com/ey2jM7N.jpg

Sorry I can't copy images on this tablet.

I think they look pretty cool. It stars Bradley cooper, vin diesel,Zoe saldana,Chris Pratt plus a few more. It's scheduled to be released august 1 2014.

There have been so many comic book films lately with so many more to come, it really is saturating the market. So they need to make them good but either way I still enjoy them and will most likely see most of them in the cinema.

I'm enjoying how the Marvel cinematic universe is working really well, and DC is just stumbling around trying to match them. Man of Steel 2 is looking like it's becoming a bit of a mess 

I agree.

i do find it funny how we basically have the marvel movies, the dc movies, and then all the other marvel movies done by other studios (spiderman, xmen, fantastic 4, ect).

My problem with DC, with the exception of Nolan's films, is that they try to go for huge stars most of the time. I have nothing against Affleck but I can't see him as Batman and I feel like they are using him because of his name. Marvel very rarely uses huge stars in their movies or if they do, they use them gracefully. Hugh Jackman wasn't that big when X-Men came out. Robert Downey Jr. was a liability ridden, drug addict to most studios and look how that turned out. He's my favorite hero casting ever. I'd be more behind DC as a whole if they stopped going for the big name on the poster and used someone who can actually be a great fit. Ben could be great as Batman but I am extremely nervous right now about it because I can compare him to his past roles and see it even less. I hope I'm wrong like Heath's Joker though because I still have hope. 

I love the Marvel cinematic universe. Sure, some of the movies aren't the best, but I do love how they're all intertwined. It makes it more fun to watch. Which is why it's already one of the most successful movie franchises of all time. DC movies (again, except for the Dark Knight trilogy) have generally been disappointing. I'm mostly upset about Man of Steel, and how for part 2 they're just trying to ride on the success of The Dark Knight by putting Batman in there. Is it really too much to ask to have just a good Superman movie?

That being said, Man of Steel was far better than Superman Returns. I enjoyed it, but it still left a lot to be desired, and was honestly pretty weird. Felt more like an alien invasion movie to me than a superhero movie.

Lex Luthor was awesome in Superman Returns, and that one airplane scene was kinda cool. Other than that, I thought Returns was terribly boring. And it really made no sense because it was like a sequel to Superman the Movie and I think also to Superman 2, but NOT a sequel to Superman 3 or 4 (which I can forgive, because those movies blew). But Superman 2 took place in the late 70's (early 80's?), and Returns supposedly takes place 6 or 7 years after those movies, but there are kids taking pictures on their cellphones and stuff, and basically the entire time I'm just trying to figure out what year that movie is supposed to take place in.

Random Superman rant. I like Superman, but the movies have not been great :P

I feel like Ben Afleck has the potential to not suck as Batman, especially if the writing/directing is good. If you're concerned about the whole Batman Vs Superman aspect of man of steel 2 then I suggest you watch/read The Dark Knight returns, it's clearly a more Batman driven story but when Superman turns up it's definitely a story that can be spun into MoS2. That being said, the current (including rumors)line up for MoS2 is; Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Lex Luthor. 

DC is trying to create a JLA film to rival The Avengers, but don't want to put in the effort of having set up films for it first, so instead they're dumping everything into 1 film. 

I feel like Ben Afleck has the potential to not suck as Batman, especially if the writing/directing is good. If you're concerned about the whole Batman Vs Superman aspect of man of steel 2 then I suggest you watch/read The Dark Knight returns, it's clearly a more Batman driven story but when Superman turns up it's definitely a story that can be spun into MoS2. That being said, the current (including rumors)line up for MoS2 is; Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Lex Luthor. 

DC is trying to create a JLA film to rival The Avengers, but don't want to put in the effort of having set up films for it first, so instead they're dumping everything into 1 film. 

I'm open to Affleck like I said, I just don't trust them to handle this movie gracefully. Marvel set everything up perfectly giving everyone their own movie, only Superman will have technically had a movie in this universe. It just comes off as too cluttered, much like how Amazing Spider-Man 2 is sounding. 

Yeah, speaking of Amazing Spider-man 2, I couldn't help but think of Spider-man 3 when I saw that trailer. Three villains again? And they're already bringing the goblin back??

I still really badly want to see Carnage on the big screen. Or at least a better adaptation of Venom who doesn't die after ten minutes of  screen time.

My friends and I were discussing the new Batman flick and I am becoming more open to Ben. I think my main issue is that I don't like Superman so I have to deal with slight apprehension of Ben mixed with a character I detest. Then we began discussing the Joker. He's not my favorite Batman villain but he is the main one. As much as I loved Heath he eventually has to be recast and because I am being led to believe that this Batman is a little older I feel Joker should be as well. My pick is Denis O'Hare, fans of True Blood know him as Russell Edgington. I feel he can pull it off because this scene gives a taste of the craziness and humor he can do  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKn7hhgLPes. I know his accent his hard to unhear but the end is what seals it for me.

I still really badly want to see Carnage on the big screen. Or at least a better adaptation of Venom who doesn't die after ten minutes of  screen time.

It'd have to be an R rated film and Marvel/Disney isn't gonna make such a Spider-Man film. Venom in SM3 was lame as hell to begin with.