Recently Dug This Pre-182 Cheshire Cat Advance Cassette Out of the Closet...

Blink-collector

sorry to pry, but do you remember where you bought it? and are you sure it was 1994, rather than 1995? the reason i ask is because we've had discussions here before debating on whether cheshire cat was released in feb '94 or '95.

edit: it is an advance cassette, so perhaps by late 1994 the album had been mastered and the band got copies. maybe feb 1995 was the CD release.

Err I am fairly sure it was 1994 as I came out here fro the east coast in Jan of 1994... I did not buy it tho, it was given to me and I pretty much threw it into a box of other trash that was accumulated from clubs/bars etc as I party-ed pretty hard in those days lol.

Crazy to think that '94 was 20 years ago now.  

Yea Ive seen the white ones and the yello ones. Thiswas handed to me by the band (they were nothings then lol) This one has the error in it that has the "For in_o call" It is missing the "f" I I tossed this in my closet and never thought much of it till recently.

i've never seen a white one. so, i am still skeptical. lucky for you, a lot of other people wont question it and will bid anyway.

its just really easy for somebody who owns multiple copies of the normal pre-182 cassette and one copy of the advance to make a fake one to sell for more cash. all you have to do is scan the insert, change yellow to white, erase a letter, and pair that cassette with the new insert. then you have a "more limited white copy of the advance cassette with a misprint" all while being able to keep a real yellow one for yourself.

its also hard for me to believe that you got this directly from the band in 1994. very few people have been fans that long and even if they have, they don't usually register here as "blink-collector". to me, that name just indicates that you are obviously a blink collector. one of many who rip naive fans off. why would a user named blink-collector throw such a rare tape in a closet with a bunch of trash for 20 years?

i may sound a bit harsh, but i've had really bad experiences with collectors and i'd hate to have someone here buy a fake

• Like 1

If I was going to make a fake one I would make it out of yellow paper lol. I hear you but I assure it is not a fake. Just wanted to promo the item and see some insight from hardcore fans on this board.

edit: I am honestly not really a big fan. I like their early music and was in that scene back then, but not a die hard fan, thus why I am selling this to someone who can appreciate it more than me. The blink-collector is just a something to register with as I could not think of something else.