True Detective

Meltdown Tracker

What's the storyline?

Farrell plays Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a man in danger of losing his criminal empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

• 6 months later...

i dont know how to feel about it with all of the information we have yet. it will probably be good, but not live up to the first season by any means. the fact that they used multiple directors for this season, many of which haven't done any amazing things, is a bit of a turnoff. lets hope the writing and actors can pull through and overshadow the weird choice of directors and ugly overly-digital look presented in that trailer.

You can't beat Russ! It will be good season 2 I'm sure but its basically a new show with a whole new cast and writers ..they could of made the first series longer over 3 seasons with the Russ and not rush the story and make it stronger in my opinion

• 2 months later...

Pretty decent season premier. Nothing amazing but still enjoyable.

I watched it when I was pretty drunk so I'm not sure I caught everything, but this season seems to be more aimed at the corruption of the police force based on Colin Ferrel's character and how he is working with Vince Vaughn. I think that dynamic has a lot of potential going forward and could even serve as social commentary on how fucked up the police are in our society.