Game of Thrones Season 4!!!! Obviously spoilers

Melty Mark

I feel like outwardly, Sansa doesn't really have a choice. She had better behave properly, she can't act on emotion, she is truly one of the most powerless characters, other than arguably Theon. I think the fact that Tyrion kind of looks after Sansa is really sweet, he's the only one in the family who's house she is living in who doesn't want her dead.

• Like 2

That's basically what bores people about her, no one enjoys watching a weak character. Also, her relationship with Tyrion is one I'd be happy with them changing a bit for the show, in the books whenever Tyrion would try and talk to her she'd either blank him or leave. More of a mutual understanding that neither of them want to be in the situation they're in 

The first post in this thread says not to discuss the books in the television show thread. I don't want to know anything about the books if it tells me how things might develop, being that the show is based on the books!!!!

That fucking episode, reminding me why I love this show.

They did the wedding better than I ever could have imagined, I even surprised myself by getting a bit emotional when the shithead choked, I did not have anything close to that reaction when I read it. And I think his face might be one of the most visually horrific things game of thrones has ever shown.

Fuck. The. King.

That was seriously horrifying, how did they even MANAGE to create something so vividly awful.

I don't know if we are supposed to be able to tell who did this. My theory, based on rewatching ten times, would be his new queen, her hand hovers over the cup before she hands it over but why would she do that, honestly; possibly Cersei, because she has the wine that Tyrion pours in front of her, and it is switched a few moments later and she gets to fuck Tyrion over; I don't see where Sansa would have done it, but the Fool's comment to her makes me definitely wonder if he had something to do with it.

Again, if you've read the books, do not fucking tell me who did it. I am just thinking in text here.

• Like 1

Really? saying Tyrion and Sansa don't like each other in the books is too much of a spoiler? geez. didn't think stating something that's basically how it is in the the show too is a spoiler. My bad I guess. 

The purple wedding was spectacular. 

The casting of Ramsey Bolton is perfect too, he nailed the "Hey Dad! Look what I've done!" face

Really? saying Tyrion and Sansa don't like each other in the books is too much of a spoiler? geez. didn't think stating something that's basically how it is in the the show too is a spoiler. My bad I guess. 

The purple wedding was spectacular. 

The casting of Ramsey Bolton is perfect too, he nailed the "Hey Dad! Look what I've done!" face

That guy does crazy so well.

I just meant that I dont know how they develop and the show sometimes sticks with the books heavily, so I would rather just speculate. I'm only reading the books when the series is over.

But speaking of spoilers, I made my status like "Joffry could not be more of a stand up (or drop dead) guy" and I got bitched at for spoiling it. Like if you've read fifty other things on your news feed about the episode, then yes my status combined with all of that could be a spoiler, but I was so clearly being sarcastic. When Breaking Bad was on, I watched the episode live like everyone else or just avoided social media until I watched it. Don't get on Facebook on the night of a show that half your friends watch. Jesus.

I love that he got told off like a child by dad in front of Theon. I think Theon is planning something, he can't just be gone mentally because he is capable of terrible things and thus likely has a high tolerance for terrible things. He knows Ramsey's weakness now, and you can see that he emotionally connected to the loss of his brother like he would if he weren't a zombie. I'm so ready.

Atticus, I didn't mean to go so hard on the offensive, I just really want to focus on the show itself.

Now I am seriously having thoughts about Oberyn's role here. He cryptically says that the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts, he is sent to the kitchen to have the food fed to the dogs in some power play by Cersei, and my thinking is that he possibly was like, this sucks and there is no debt here that the Lannisters need to be paying to fuck over the Tyrell's reputation (homeless and common people get wild in this universe), and he's just generally pissed at them anyway. So, he poisons the cake. The groom gets the first bite, man of the party and what have you, it's tradition, Oberyn knew who would be biting it. Ha ha, literally and figuratively.

Now I am seriously having thoughts about Oberyn's role here. He cryptically says that the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts, he is sent to the kitchen to have the food fed to the dogs in some power play by Cersei, and my thinking is that he possibly was like, this sucks and there is no debt here that the Lannisters need to be paying to fuck over the Tyrell's reputation (homeless and common people get wild in this universe), and he's just generally pissed at them anyway. So, he poisons the cake. The groom gets the first bite, man of the party and what have you, it's tradition, Oberyn knew who would be biting it. Ha ha, literally and figuratively.

Oberyn wasn't sent to have to food given to the dogs, it was Maester Pycelle. Him being there doesn't have much to do with the Tyrells, he's there to have a debt paid since the Lannisters and the Martells have a rather messy history, as he explained in the previous episode. He has greater reason than most to want to wipe out the Lannisters.

Oberyn wasn't sent to the kitchen, Maester Pycelle was. 

Oh and I just wanted to say, since you've mentioned that you aren't going to read the books until the tv show is done, I find the books are a lot more enjoyable. You really get brought into the world of Game of Thrones more thoroughly. There's so much more about the characters and their past, it's just a more complete view of the whole story line. And watching the tv show is still a treat because they change it up a bit and just seeing the whole thing visualized is awesome.  So I'm just saying that I would recommend reading the books first.

But the show actually gave us reason to like Jamie. We only have pity for Theon 

No worries

I just don't hate him anymore.

• Like 1

Yeah I realized too late that Oberyn was the guy who stabbed the guy's wrist, I get people confused all the damn time.

Also, I may read them anyway, I was thinking about how Harry Potter was for me and I agree with you that it would be cool to see it in action. I wound up Googling whodunnit in the books so I feel like I am defeating the purpose of my own statements haha

BOOK STATEMENT:

I will say that in the show, they don't provide the audience with the same information as in the books, and, unless I missed it, they don't discuss Sansa's hairpiece, so I feel like the show might be going somewhere totally different. Or, they will find a way to [not so?] awkwardly bring in the concept afterward.