Toms 2nd journal entry

Cuth

nope. I like to sit here and make fun of you kids who try to copy tom delonge.

No one can fault you for it' date=' its fucking funny, plus your damn good at it.[/quote']

Yeah, but the reason why he is good at it, is because everyone lets it get to them, when they shouldn't. All of this shit about Tom is really opinion based. Some people like his new style of singing/playing, or the way he treats his fans, and other feel differently about it all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't shitting on Tom. I was answering neocon's question' date=' faggot.

Maybe you should actually read the previous posts before you put your fingers to the keyboard.[/quote']

"Now, here's the fun part. I get to go off on Tom himself. Boy, this guy must have no concept of how to put on a good show. His playing was sloppy, his singing was off-key the entire time, and he never even bothered saying anything to the fans. The only notable thing I can remember him saying was "I wanna see some mosh pit aerobics out there" before they launched into a crappy rendition of "My First Punk Song". "

So that's not shitting on Tom then, faggot?

You annoy me beyond words because you think you have some higher knowledge to music than all of us little people who still like blink, WHOSE MESSAGE BOARD WE ARE ON.

You aren't the only one to listen to classic rock either, I know you'd like to think you are, sorry.

Maybe you should actually read the previous posts before you put your fingers to the keyboard.[/quote']

"Now, here's the fun part. I get to go off on Tom himself. Boy, this guy must have no concept of how to put on a good show. His playing was sloppy, his singing was off-key the entire time, and he never even bothered saying anything to the fans. The only notable thing I can remember him saying was "I wanna see some mosh pit aerobics out there" before they launched into a crappy rendition of "My First Punk Song". "

You annoy me beyond words because you think you have some higher knowledge to music than all of us little people who still like blink, WHOSE MESSAGE BOARD WE ARE ON.

You aren't the only one to listen to classic rock either, I know you'd like to think you are, sorry.

While i can see both points of the argument you have to let it go.

you like tom, he doesnt. he is allowed his opionion just like you are.

at the end of the day you have to ask yourself:

Does this really affect your life that someone doesnt like tom delonge?

if the answer is yes then keep arguing pointlessly as he will never give in. if the answer is no then stop arguing

Guest ddv13devo

I wasn't shitting on Tom there. Shitting on Tom would be, "Tom DeLonge is a faggot, and Blink 182 sucks dicks". I wasn't meaninglessly ranting on and making idle threats on Tom. I gave an accurate description of how he performed at the BCR show, and if anyone would be shitting on anyone, it would be Tom shitting on himself for putting on such a bad performance.

And just to clarify, I do have a higher knowledge of music than the "little" people who like Blink. "Knowledge" is not metaphysical, it is a quantifiable term; and in this case, I can safely say I have more of it than the "little" people you speak of.

Bottom line: Blink can craft a catchy, poppy melody, I will give them that. But learn to appreciate Mozart or Chopin, then come back to me and tell me Blink have serious musical talent.

I wasn't shitting on Tom there. Shitting on Tom would be, "Tom DeLonge is a faggot, and Blink 182 sucks dicks". I wasn't meaninglessly ranting on and making idle threats on Tom. I gave an accurate description of how he performed at the BCR show, and if anyone would be shitting on anyone, it would be Tom shitting on himself for putting on such a bad performance.

And just to clarify, I do have a higher knowledge of music than the "little" people who like Blink. "Knowledge" is not metaphysical, it is a quantifiable term; and in this case, I can safely say I have more of it than the "little" people you speak of.

Bottom line: Blink can craft a catchy, poppy melody, I will give them that. But learn to appreciate Mozart or Chopin, then come back to me and tell me Blink have serious musical talent.

i was learning about Mozart and i think Chopin last year in music class.

i respect them artists as i was learning about them...and i got a question.

if im correct (i don't remeber) it was Mozart or Beethoven (sp?) that rebeled against his dads rule b/c i remeber one of them ran away from his dads home to start his own life with music.

i was learning about Mozart and i think Chopin last year in music class.

i respect them artists as i was learning about them...and i got a question.

if im correct (i don't remeber) it was Mozart or Beethoven (sp?) that rebeled against his dads rule b/c i remeber one of them ran away from his dads home to start his own life with music.

But here's the real question? Who gives a fuck?

Tom's live show is going to suck. If his AVA tour is going to be anything like Boxcar's tour' date=' then it won't be amazing whatsoever. Just a bunch of unentertaining people playing mediocre songs.

P.S. Before you all shit on me, yes, I have seen Boxcar Racer live. And yes, it was probably the worst concert I've ever been to. If you want details, just ask.[/quote']

Not trying to be a cocky cunt, but I'm curious. What exactly did the boxcar show entail? I've heard it was shit (hey, it's Tom Delonge live after all), but could you give us some details?

Glad you asked.

First of all, I'll avoid the obvious and talk about the general sound of the concert. It was horrendous. Tom must not have been playing through his Mesa, because it sounded like he was hitting a baby with a cat. The drums were underwhelming, as was the bass. It basically became a scratchy, crappy symphony of Tom and David's guitars.

Next, the setlist. Granted, they only had one album, but you'd figure they'd at least play all the songs from that album. Of what I can still recall, they didn't play:

- The End With You

- Sorrow

- Tiny Voices

And what they did play was ass. He didn't even bother switching to clean tone for "Letters to God", which ruined the whole song. And he only sang his parts for "Cat Like Thief", and then both parts for "Elevator", which pissed me right off. Why not get Dave or Anthony to do it? That's what they're there for!

Now, here's the fun part. I get to go off on Tom himself. Boy, this guy must have no concept of how to put on a good show. His playing was sloppy, his singing was off-key the entire time, and he never even bothered saying anything to the fans. The only notable thing I can remember him saying was "I wanna see some mosh pit aerobics out there" before they launched into a crappy rendition of "My First Punk Song".

Sure, I left the concert feeling blown away because, well, it was my first concert! But since then, I've seen AFI, Bad Religion, The Guess Who, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, the list goes on. They all put on amazing shows, and completely eclipsed Boxcar Racer.

Looking back on the concert was probably the most prevalent factor in me not liking Blink/Boxcar anymore, because I felt completely ripped off by Tom and Travis' disdain for the fans. What a horrible show.

I've heard every song off the album live when i saw them in LA back in 2002 i believe. . .at my concert he was more involved with the fans, being on the rail directly in front of him was a + for me, i had already met him 30 mins prior to getting into the show behind where his tour bus was "hidden" so when he made eye contact with you while you were singing with him it was very cool. And being the only one in the front who knew the other song forgot the name of it "song about sex" was cool cuz he was lookin at me like "wtf how does he know these lyrics, its a brand new song". I Dled the bootleg a few days prior to the conecert^^

Overall me and my friends had a lot of fun. =p

Maybe I don't listen to Mozart, but I listen to bands such as Dream Theater and Tool and also listen to alot of film scores. Blink have serious musical talent. You said yourself they craft catchy poppy music, that is talent my friend. They would not be where they are today if they did not have talent.

I am gonna laugh so hard if his project fails' date=' because putting on "the best live show" is gonna be hard...there are several greatbands new/old that they have to beet.[/quote']

When I saw Green Day live in Barrie Ontario(Toronto) in August they put an awsome show on....like $50,000 worth of firworks...and not just ANY fireworks....GOOD ONES. Plus they played for 3 hours and they had confetti and the lights we're out of this world...I walked out of that show and I just didn't know what to say. I've talked to other ppl who went to that tour...and they said that Green Day didn't really have too many fireworks or pyrotechnics....so maybe Toronto just got a hell of a show.

I am gonna laugh so hard if his project fails' date=' because putting on "the best live show" is gonna be hard...there are several greatbands new/old that they have to beet.[/quote']

When I saw Green Day live in Barrie Ontario(Toronto) in August they put an awsome show on....like $50,000 worth of firworks...and not just ANY fireworks....GOOD ONES. Plus they played for 3 hours and they had confetti and the lights we're out of this world...I walked out of that show and I just didn't know what to say. I've talked to other ppl who went to that tour...and they said that Green Day didn't really have too many fireworks or pyrotechnics....so maybe Toronto just got a hell of a show.

ha i was at that show too. great show.

Tom's live show is going to suck. If his AVA tour is going to be anything like Boxcar's tour' date=' then it won't be amazing whatsoever. Just a bunch of unentertaining people playing mediocre songs.

P.S. Before you all shit on me, yes, I have seen Boxcar Racer live. And yes, it was probably the worst concert I've ever been to. If you want details, just ask.[/quote']

Not trying to be a cocky cunt, but I'm curious. What exactly did the boxcar show entail? I've heard it was shit (hey, it's Tom Delonge live after all), but could you give us some details?

Glad you asked.

First of all, I'll avoid the obvious and talk about the general sound of the concert. It was horrendous. Tom must not have been playing through his Mesa, because it sounded like he was hitting a baby with a cat. The drums were underwhelming, as was the bass. It basically became a scratchy, crappy symphony of Tom and David's guitars.

Next, the setlist. Granted, they only had one album, but you'd figure they'd at least play all the songs from that album. Of what I can still recall, they didn't play:

- The End With You

- Sorrow

- Tiny Voices

And what they did play was ass. He didn't even bother switching to clean tone for "Letters to God", which ruined the whole song. And he only sang his parts for "Cat Like Thief", and then both parts for "Elevator", which pissed me right off. Why not get Dave or Anthony to do it? That's what they're there for!

Now, here's the fun part. I get to go off on Tom himself. Boy, this guy must have no concept of how to put on a good show. His playing was sloppy, his singing was off-key the entire time, and he never even bothered saying anything to the fans. The only notable thing I can remember him saying was "I wanna see some mosh pit aerobics out there" before they launched into a crappy rendition of "My First Punk Song".

Sure, I left the concert feeling blown away because, well, it was my first concert! But since then, I've seen AFI, Bad Religion, The Guess Who, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, the list goes on. They all put on amazing shows, and completely eclipsed Boxcar Racer.

Looking back on the concert was probably the most prevalent factor in me not liking Blink/Boxcar anymore, because I felt completely ripped off by Tom and Travis' disdain for the fans. What a horrible show.

I have the bootleg of then playing end with you (well i think so anyways) but ur right bout the other two...

infact your right about the whole thing.

I have a bootleg where they play Sorrow, Tiny Voices, and The End With You. All in the same show LOL.... It's Live at Metropolis, but the bootleg didn't have Mandy...

fukin spot on.