Does anyone like Busted?

Red

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, ...Dan... said:

I think Charlie secretly hates the fact he had to come back to Busted, he went off and did his own thing which is great but it wasn't putting food on the table so had to come back with his tail between his legs so he could make bank - I bet he absolutely hates playing the stuff like 'What I go to school for' and 'Year 3000'

This.

Read/Listened to a few interviews and he said he left Busted because he didn't feel like he was getting the respect as a musician. Opinions were the songs were written for them and they couldn't play any instruments. It was all manufactured for them which is why he left and that's why they created 'Night Driver' when they reunited but I still get that same vibe from him.

It's taken a few listens but 'Half Way There' is certainly a grower. I absolutely adore 'It Happens'.  I never listened to Night Driver before this album and a few tracks on there are brilliant.

• 4 years later...
31 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Genuinely love them mate. Nostalgic but fresh. What about you?

They’re ok. Don’t like the production and theirs too much auto tune on the vocals, can’t tell who’s signing most the time. Quite like Loser Kid and Mmmbop but really disappointed with Meet You There, I love Neck Deep but again the vocals are awful

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Yeah me too mate. I love songs that are predominantly Charlie so this one is right up my alley 

Yeah sounds a bit more electronic than guitar based so hopefully heading back in the direction of Night Driver which is fucking fantastic 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

@2point5 I’ve noticed recently James Bourne looks so unhappy. Seen some videos of their signings and he doesn’t even acknowledge anyone, just sits there in sunglasses looking depressed, he looks miserable in interviews too. There’s something up with him

He's always been weird tbf. I remember watching that America or Busted documentary thing ages ago and he came across a bit knobbish in that. I think he's just a strange guy.

Just now, 2point5 said:

He's always been weird tbf. I remember watching that America or Busted documentary thing ages ago and he came across a bit knobbish in that. I think he's just a strange guy.

Yeah I’ve always had puppy dog energy from him tbh and now he just looks miserable. I hope he’s ok in himself.

Anyway good to see the boys finally get a UK no1 album. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 8:59 PM, 2point5 said:

On 9/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Scott. said:

Yeah I’ve always had puppy dog energy from him tbh and now he just looks miserable. I hope he’s ok in himself.

Anyway good to see the boys finally get a UK no1 album. 

Remember his post Busted band Son of Dork? I know a couple people who went to auditions for that and he was an absolute cockwomble then as well.

He was looking bored most of the time and at points he was just openly laughing at people who were not very good. 

I think he is probably just a bit of a prick who thinks he is more of a legend than he actually is. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scott. said:

I love that son of dork album haha

18 hours ago, 2point5 said:

I'm gonna give it another spin going home from work tonight. I remember 'Sick' being an absolute banger for me at the time. I wonder how it sounds now.

Two one way tickets to Loserville Central for you two chumps, Jesus Christ. 

• Love 1