Oasis

Jon

Oasis are great! Acquiecse (or however you spell it, cbf right now) is a bloody amazing song. and as many people have said, first two albums are mint. 

Intersting story: I used to help do the garden of Paul McGuigan (old Oasis bass player from 1st two albums). He was a nice chap. He just lives around the corner from me, minding his own business, tending to his garden. He couldn't be fucked with the rock and roll lifestyle. Said it's rammed full of fake bastards. They've asked him loads of times to get back together with the lads but he's always been like, piss offfffff. Millions of pounds thrown his way and he's just like, naah, no thanks, my hydrandas wouldn't last the summer.

Acquiesce is a cracking tune, especially that chorus. That and The Masterplan should have been on Morning Glory. 

Love Guigsy, not the best bass player but a proper nice guy. Smoked a lot of weed as well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, it was touch and go with Blur who are also a super band but when it comes down to it oasis were the dogs bollocks. Stereophonics were superb during the late 90's they're a close second.

This song man, so beautiful. They wrote it about there mum having a cancer scare.

>http://youtube.com/watch?v=BY2lcfa2lrM

Wonderful song... think I might like it even better acoustic with Noel singing. Though I love Liam's voice.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3DmiTbl6I

Noel + acoustic is just incredibly touching and emotional.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Being from Manchester, almost everyone I know is obsessed with them. They're alright but just not my style at all and they cunts. Well Liam is.

They have some great songs but really not that many IMO. Rock n Roll Star is one of my favourite ever songs though. And they're City fans so fuck em.

• 5 months later...