"The Sum 41 Thread"

Ghost

Heard the new track last night, it's ok but I've completely forgotten what it sounds like apart from the typical Linkin Park chord progressions. So I get where the Linkin Park comparison comes from. I prefer the other track Sum 41 released about a month ago. Loved that one.

the song is a grower.....first listen it's nothing crazy or anything...

but it gets catchier with every listen. it gets better.

but yeah its a tipical radio friendly rock song (radio song structure)

had the same feeling when bored to death and rabbit hole came out (and california turned out great)

i like the direction a lot more than screaming bloody murder though...

the youtube (album version i think) is a lot better with the backing vocals. spotify version is boring

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

New song sounds like a standard Sum 41 filler track to me. It's not bad, really. But definitely not great. If this is what they thought would make the best single out of every song on the record, I don't know how much hope I have for this thing...

He raved about how much this song meant to him too, like he feels strongly about THIS song. Fack

Thats lame. Im really curious to see what will happen if this bombs, which so far its leaning towards. Guy almosts dies and then puts all his energy going forward into this album and then people dont like it. 

I guess i should try to be a little more positive.