"The Sum 41 Thread"

Ghost

3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

ugh idk. sounds like a shitty linkin park song

Linkin Park is right, I zoned out a little at points and thought I'd been listening to that band exactly.

There's still some better shit going on than a bad Linkin Park song, chorus is more Sum 41 than the rest, but it's so cheesy.

2 minutes ago, bojangles said:

NOFX, Sum 41 and Green Day are all releasing albums on that day... Yea Green Day is screwed... NOFX and Sum 41 got them beat.

Naah nofx are nothing for me. Just wasted wanna be punks at their 50s or something. But yeah I think sum's album will be better than green day's and I'm a huge green day fan.

• Like 1

i think nofx is a dumb childish band.....they have been political through their career, yet blink is the serious band,and nofx is just really a dumb band.

also, green day have gone shit. i like the big rock opera thing they had going for American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, it worked for them...and for their age. that shit was clever. but they lost something in my opinion.....hard to explain

as for sum41, i'm always really excited for a new release, love fake my own death, War feels like a slow song that would fit Chuck a lot.

but i'm still going to listen to the new green day record for sure (Maybe i'm wrong)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

pretty cringe worthy video. lots of really lame hats being worn. brownsound is the only one who looks cool enough to hangout with there. i feel bad for him. you can tell he just wants to jam.

its not the worst song ever, but ever since "pieces" and "some say," which were great songs, deryck has always forced out really mediocre ballads that end up on these albums. they don't sound genuine at all. i hope the remaining eight songs on the album end up being fast and heavy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I'm getting the vibe Dave didn't do anything on this album. Also can they just kick Tom out already? No need for him anymore. 

Didn't he join after the album was made? Idk

I actually don't doubt the song was genuine, given the situation Deryck was in when he wrote it.

This song is nothing like Pieces or Some Say beyond some soaring vocals. I'm disappointed.

Also, I feel like Green Day would outsell both of them automatically, would they not? Uno, Dos, Tre was a strange experiment and I get why it wouldn't be successful based on how they released it, but if they just produce a new album, I feel like it would outsell them both. NOFX ends up number 3, predicting.

40 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

This song is nothing like Pieces or Some Say beyond some soaring vocals. I'm disappointed.

Also, I feel like Green Day would outsell both of them automatically, would they not? Uno, Dos, Tre was a strange experiment and I get why it wouldn't be successful based on how they released it, but if they just produce a new album, I feel like it would outsell them both. NOFX ends up number 3, predicting.

Green Day probably will outsell them both.  But the statement that was made was that on release that day it doesn't look like Green Day will have the best release on that date.  Best doesn't necessarily mean most financially successful.

• Like 1