Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

"The Sum 41 Thread"

This song is nothing like Pieces or Some Say beyond some soaring vocals. I'm disappointed.

Also, I feel like Green Day would outsell both of them automatically, would they not? Uno, Dos, Tre was a strange experiment and I get why it wouldn't be successful based on how they released it, but if they just produce a new album, I feel like it would outsell them both. NOFX ends up number 3, predicting.

40 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

This song is nothing like Pieces or Some Say beyond some soaring vocals. I'm disappointed.

Also, I feel like Green Day would outsell both of them automatically, would they not? Uno, Dos, Tre was a strange experiment and I get why it wouldn't be successful based on how they released it, but if they just produce a new album, I feel like it would outsell them both. NOFX ends up number 3, predicting.

Green Day probably will outsell them both.  But the statement that was made was that on release that day it doesn't look like Green Day will have the best release on that date.  Best doesn't necessarily mean most financially successful.

New song sounds like a standard Sum 41 filler track to me. It's not bad, really. But definitely not great. If this is what they thought would make the best single out of every song on the record, I don't know how much hope I have for this thing...

• Like 2

Heard the new track last night, it's ok but I've completely forgotten what it sounds like apart from the typical Linkin Park chord progressions. So I get where the Linkin Park comparison comes from. I prefer the other track Sum 41 released about a month ago. Loved that one.

the song is a grower.....first listen it's nothing crazy or anything...

but it gets catchier with every listen. it gets better.

but yeah its a tipical radio friendly rock song (radio song structure)

had the same feeling when bored to death and rabbit hole came out (and california turned out great)

i like the direction a lot more than screaming bloody murder though...

the youtube (album version i think) is a lot better with the backing vocals. spotify version is boring

pretty sure dave plays the lead riff toward the end of the song. sounds a lot like what he added to the Chuck songs and his strumming is easily identifiable.

this song is super generic and i hate the lyrics, but for some reason the chorus is getting stuck in my head? i feel like alt rock radio stations will eat this up

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

New song sounds like a standard Sum 41 filler track to me. It's not bad, really. But definitely not great. If this is what they thought would make the best single out of every song on the record, I don't know how much hope I have for this thing...

He raved about how much this song meant to him too, like he feels strongly about THIS song. Fack

I enjoy the song, yea its a bit poppy and the lyrics could be better but with an addicts perspective, i see and feel exactly where Deryck is coming from within these lyrics. I just actually the simple straight forwardness to it. 

Only just heard War. thats a swing and a miss of a ballad right there. terrible track. 

• Like 1