"The Sum 41 Thread"

Ghost

3 hours ago, Obvious said:

Have you guys seen the rumor going around that Deryck is stopping Sum 41 to replace Chester in Linkin Park? People are saying that since Linkin Park is looking like they are getting ready to start back up again, that Deryck might be the new frontman since him and Mike Shinoda are pretty close I think. They also covered Faint at Reading 2018 with Mike himself and not gonna lie, he did really well. 

Well... Chester shoes' are really big for Deryck, IMO.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Obvious said:

Have you guys seen the rumor going around that Deryck is stopping Sum 41 to replace Chester in Linkin Park? People are saying that since Linkin Park is looking like they are getting ready to start back up again, that Deryck might be the new frontman since him and Mike Shinoda are pretty close I think. They also covered Faint at Reading 2018 with Mike himself and not gonna lie, he did really well. 

Not a fucking chance this is happening hahaha. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just saw this today, but I guess they had a tour with The Offspring and Simple Plan that they just finished (saw this on Sum 41's website) and they had a moment where Deryck and Pierre went up on stage with The Offspring to sing "Why Don't You Get A Job"

Also looks like it was either livestreamed or there is a professionally shot recording of the show(s).

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Monkey Chips said:

Not sure if this means anything, but just saw this on reddit... Maybe Sum 41 is finally getting ready to make some announcements when it comes to their album?

finally looks like they're doing something! please be a song in the next month

they announced the album 18 months ago lol and said it was basically done then...

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 6:57 PM, Monkey Chips said:

Just saw this today, but I guess they had a tour with The Offspring and Simple Plan that they just finished (saw this on Sum 41's website) and they had a moment where Deryck and Pierre went up on stage with The Offspring to sing "Why Don't You Get A Job"

Also looks like it was either livestreamed or there is a professionally shot recording of the show(s).

ahah theres alot of ppl that should take that song as an advice to better their lives

2 hours ago, Pussay Patrol said:

finally looks like they're doing something! please be a song in the next month

they announced the album 18 months ago lol and said it was basically done then...

I think the marketing (for the album) might be ramping up since they just released this video on YouTube (and other platforms)

And it tells you to go to https://laylo.com/sum41 which takes you to a landing page (that asks you for your email and/or phone number)

I hate being negative, but that song leaves me feeling pretty meh...

Hopefully it's a grower, but it seems they (like blink did with Edging) chose a filler song as their first single for the new album. Hoping there's more fun pop punk songs on the heaven record. Also the music video for the song should premiere on YouTube in six hours.

Although I have a feeling that the next single will be from the Hell side of the double album whenever a new single comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkey Chips said:

I hate being negative, but that song leaves me feeling pretty meh...

Hopefully it's a grower, but it seems they (like blink did with Edging) chose a filler song as their first single for the new album. Hoping there's more fun pop punk songs on the heaven record. Also the music video for the song should premiere on YouTube in six hours.

Although I have a feeling that the next single will be from the Hell side of the double album whenever a new single comes out.

it's definitely pretty average, I was hoping for more of a riff. replace the "woah woah's" with a guitar riff instead and it'd instantly be better

but it's also been stuck in my head all day too

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M!ke said:

Love the new song, very catchy!  Gonna be a real bummer when these guys throw in the towel. But at least they're doing it in style with a final tour and album. 

yeah i ended up listening to it another 5 or 6 times today

it's not amazing but it's fun and catchy

sum 41 were one of my first proper rock shows. 2008 with pennywise/the vandals/bowling for soup. blink and sum 41 basically been my favourites bands since the beginning of my interest in music and nothing's changed

will definitely be heading along to their final tour assuming they make it to Aus