blink-182 – Enema of the State – 15 Year Anniversary Retrospective

Scotsman

My friend Martin has posted an article on the Enema of the state.This weekend as we know will be the 15th anniversary of its release. What do you think of his review and 'Did you know' information on the article? - I am sure many will agree and disagree, feel free to share your thoughts below!

If linking to the article isn't allowed, please remove it and I will just copy and paste it without the images.

The article can be found here:

http://www.rockindustry.co.uk/blink-182-enema-state-15-year-anniversary-retrospective/

most of this is just copy-pasted from wikipedia. most of the information presented was stuff i added to the wikipedia article. i'd love to see an awesome article about enema of the state, not a copy-paste of its wiki article.

most of this is just copy-pasted from wikipedia. most of the information presented was stuff i added to the wikipedia article. i'd love to see an awesome article about enema of the state, not a copy-paste of its wiki article.

http://keeptrackofthetime.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/read-hards-classic-pop-punk-picks-blink-182-enema-of-the-state/

I found that rather boring.

Atleast they gave wendy clear the credit it deserves. Theres a line in there saying it sounded like they both got vocal training before recording. I wonder if they ever did get singing lessons

Atleast they gave wendy clear the credit it deserves. Theres a line in there saying it sounded like they both got vocal training before recording. I wonder if they ever did get singing lessons

Auto-Tune plus better production quality. It's been 20+ years and their vocals are still cringe worthy live lol.

i'm sure they had vocal training. in fact, i think mark admitted he started getting training after his voice went out from smoking cigarettes when they were recording dude ranch. auto-tune can only do so much, and they were clearly better singers by 1998-9. even live recordings prove that. although the auto-tune and crystal-clean production helped them a ton.

Agreed a hundred and ten percent.

That dude still gives better, more reasoned opinions than most people on this forum. I don't follow what that dude says, but whenever someone posts his shit it usually has pretty good information or some logical insight. 

Dash four pages of people complaining about stale sets and Tom's receding hairline. But that's exactly my point, not sure why people need to knock on the dude for being an obvious  fan of blink without the fanboy goggles on. That being said, I wouldn't hold his opinion greater than ours for the most part either, which maybe was where Ghent was coming from I don't know. 

Yeah, I'm not saying his opinions suck. But there is no reason to put any extra weight behind them. The kid was 15 when blink reunited. 

He's just a rando with a blog that got fairly popular.