General Discussion is closed. Here's why.

Aria

When the GD topic was originally made, we were getting flooded with new members, we were all equally excited about all things blink and there needed to be some sort of maintenance keeping 'all the small things' in line. Things have slowed down and one of the best parts of a message board are the documented events big and small that a community contributes to, together. To mods, feel free to PM me if it gets hard to handle and I'll round us up some more but let's feel this out and see how it goes.

Now a sad song for you to play an imaginary montage out in your head regarding the death of GD...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4EvsN9RuJ0

NOTE: For the next seven days this is how this section will remain. After seven days I will create a poll asking if members enjoy this more or miss the GD topic. We'll see what happens. Endings always come at last. Endings always come too fast. They come too fast but they pass too slow. I love you, and that's all I know.

• Like 1

It actually makes sense.  GD was made when blink had just reformed.  Initially I thought it was only going to be a place for hype, and then once major things started to happen, it would finally be put to rest, and then you could still have your fun little poll every once in a while because a large number of people from the reunion influx would have left after the initial hype.  Lets not forget that prior to blink breaking up and during the hiatus we never had a GD and we actually functioned quite well, don't see why that can't continue, and maybe just maybe we'll stop going over the same crap over and over (and I'm not just talking Oliver arguments here, I also mean the reposting of info that was literally only posted a page or two back).

The topic has served us well, and we've posted a lot, but it will be a little nice for things to now be archived too, making it easier to find news, articles, performances, discussions from varying points in the past.

All that said, I'm sad that I didn't get the last post in the GD, I got the second to last post... that doesn't count for nothing.

Definitely does make sense, I don't know whether I'll like it more or not but definitely cool with this 7 days trial. Saying that, if there's going to be no GD then the rules on threads definitely need to be less strict. However, I do wonder if it'll slow the forum down even more as people will be less likely to make a post about random blink things.

searching through the GD behemoth, it can be hard to find moments of things that never warranted a thread (i.e., tomorrow's kerrang article), so i like this decision. there are some staples of GD i'll miss though:

• "the setlist sucks"
  • tom doesn't care about blink
  • mark doesn't care about blink
  • 18-long page discussions arguing about nothing to do with blink
  • oliver attempting to leave, blink news flooding in, oliver quietly coming back
  • Like 1

What stupid discussions anyway....  Feel free to make debatable topics, general topic conversation topics that are appealing but honestly when there is nothing to discuss the GD 90 percent of the time seems to be people getting into massive arguments and taking both sides way too personally. Look at your fucking username. Blink-182online isn't just a blink 182 section. A lot of you guys should really consider peaking your heads out and getting to know the regulars who don't frequent this portion of the site. I love me some blink too, but the fact that SO MANY of you guys only post in the blink section makes me equate you to the chubby weird kids who stay in the dark bedrooms with the curtains shut making 4 PM seem like 10 o'clock at night sipping yoohoo through a straw while playing Warcraft and pooping your pants, refusing to do anything else that involves you leaving your weird comfort zone. Stoop blinks afraid to leave their blinks.

What stupid discussions anyway....  Feel free to make debatable topics, general topic conversation topics that are appealing but honestly when there is nothing to discuss the GD 90 percent of the time seems to be people getting into massive arguments and taking both sides way too personally. Look at your fucking username. Blink-182online isn't just a blink 182 section. A lot of you guys should really consider peaking your heads out and getting to know the regulars who don't frequent this portion of the site. I love me some blink too, but the fact that SO MANY of you guys only post in the blink section makes me equate you to the chubby weird kids who stay in the dark bedrooms with the curtains shut making 4 PM seem like 10 o'clock at night sipping yoohoo through a straw while playing Warcraft and pooping your pants, refusing to do anything else that involves you leaving your weird comfort zone. Stoop blinks afraid to leave their blinks.

cool post bro

be my friend

It's not so much that I care, it's just that I don't really get why.

I've got a handful of posts in other sections. I don't anticipate posting more there if GD is closed, if that's what you're going for.

I'm all for friends online but I think you're making a bit too much out of that. I get blink news here, and friendship from my friends. So you can be the virtual naked girl, and I'll be a real naked girl.