General Discussion is closed. Here's why.

Aria

I liked GD because it was basically the "Free For All" of the blink section. Discussion was generally centered on blink but didn't necessarily always have to be. The discussion went wherever it wanted without having to make a sepearte thread each time someone had a new thought or idea.

We'll see how this works though. It's worth the seven-day trial at least.

So this is supposed to direct all the traffic of the GD, elsewhere? But I don't like posting in the confessions topic, you guys are assholes. 

Went and looked at the confessions thread because of this post, saw gross pictures of butts, tried to run back to the blink GD thread to hide, but had to resort to this thread instead.

• Like 1

Good idea to do a seven day trial.

The GD really made it hard for infrequent posters to catch up on shit. But at the same time, it was a lounge for the all day people.

Let's see how it goes and decide from there..

Also, am I still a blink section mod or did Niku remove me again?

This is the biggest fucking pile of bullshit I've ever read on this forum. This is censorship. Mods using their powers to restrict conversation. Yeah, at points it's mindless conversation, but who are you to decide what is written on the internet? It's a free board and people should be able to do as they please. We should just be more open to people posting topics about new stuff, or have someone who makes a new topic for each 'big' piece of news to discuss, and the General Discussion topic just stays as it is - a sprawling wave of random stuff that just happens in the moment, as and when people are online.

Seriously though, bullshit. Should be unlocked immediately, especially given this forums anti-authoritarian attitude. Imagine if, back in the day, Niku had done this. Y'all would be freaking out being like WTF man, WHAT!? WHERE IS IT? You can't do that!

Now the GD is on a '7 day hiatus'. Pffft, board fascism. 

• Like 2

The other option is to start policing the GD and make threads for everything that isn't "general discussion." R & L should have been a thread. This Kerrang article should be a thread. A random pic of blink in 2002 should not be a thread. A picture of a setlist from a random show should not be a setlist.

I would hate for the discussion to fade away, but it really is dumb to post essentially everything blink related in one thread on a blink message board.

Democracy does not extend to the internet. This is not a message board that you own. You are not entitled to anything, the fact that you are given a voice in any of this is a kindness provided to you. The fact that you will get to vote on this or any other subject on this board is, again, something that is a privilege and not a right. If you don't like something there are other options for you out in the vast wasteland that is the internet. Suck it up, you'll be fine.