General Discussion is closed. Here's why.

Aria

This is literally you right now...

Are you saying that I am literally a web-comic about being an asshole? Last time I checked I was a human - I mean you could even say I was literally a human. I'm certainly not literally an attached thumbnail. You did mean to use the word literally, right? You didn't mistake it for 'effectively'? Because I'm struggling to see how I am literally an image you attached to this forum...

• Like 1

What's funny about this and what really makes Sasha look like the idiot that he is:

It's actually MORE censorship to have a general discussion topic. True freedom of speech would let everyone post whatever the fuck they want. Theoretically, the good topics or things people want to talk about will remain active. The shit no one cares about will get buried. That is how a message board works. That is freedom of speech. 

Having to post everything in one thread because you're unsure of whether or not its topic-worthy is censorship.

• Like 2

Democracy does not extend to the internet. This is not a message board that you own. You are not entitled to anything, the fact that you are given a voice in any of this is a kindness provided to you. The fact that you will get to vote on this or any other subject on this board is, again, something that is a privilege and not a right. If you don't like something there are other options for you out in the vast wasteland that is the internet. Suck it up, you'll be fine.

No, that's actually not how the boards work. The admins are in power to serve the general public of the boards. The fact you seem to think that is how it goes is very strange.

Don't agree 100% on a GD being cencorship, because basically people were just posting there "whatever the fuck they wanted". Now is that a problem? Unless it's getting hateful oder too ridiculous, don't think so. But this can't be avoided anyway, this may as well happen in any topic.

The reason why not more topics are made IMO is not because people don't want to, or are not allowed to, but because right now, there just seems to be not much worth of its own topic that would create a good longer lasting discussion. I don't know how many thread ideas are getting cencored/dismissed here though.

Like now we have a new topic "who's your favorite blink member", sure, we can do that, but I think a topic like this was probably also created before, and that's not exactly a novel great idea.

- Not saying I'm any better, I couldn't come up with some super duper never been there before blink topic right now.

• Like 2

I think I get the idea behind this, but we are sacrificing the beauty of the GD thread. It's a cool organic place to hear people blather on and on about little mundane things involving blink. Does it stifle other threads? Maybe, but it also encourages stuff to be posted that isn't worthy of it's own topic.

But what is this about making people go outside of the Blink section? I think people would stop coming all together before they do that to be honest.

• Like 1

I think I get the idea behind this, but we are sacrificing the beauty of the GD thread. It's a cool organic place to hear people blather on and on about little mundane things involving blink. Does it stifle other threads? Maybe, but it also encourages stuff to be posted that isn't worthy of it's own topic.

But what is this about making people go outside of the Blink section? I think people would stop coming all together before they do that to be honest.

Yeah, those who want to explore will do that, those who don't wont, whether there's a GD or not. Don't see how the closing of the GD would change that.

Don't agree 100% on a GD being cencorship, because basically people were just posting there "whatever the fuck they wanted". Now is that a problem? Unless it's getting hateful oder too ridiculous, don't think so. But this can't be avoided anyway, this may as well happen in any topic.

The reason why not more topics are made IMO is not because people don't want to, or are not allowed to, but because right now, there just seems to be not much worth of its own topic that would create a good longer lasting discussion. I don't know how many thread ideas are getting cencored/dismissed here though.

Like now we have a new topic "who's your favorite blink member", sure, we can do that, but I think a topic like this was probably also created before, and that's not exactly a novel great idea.

- Not saying I'm any better, I couldn't come up with some super duper never been there before blink topic right now.

It's not a problem to have those casual discussions in there. 

It is a problem to have a legitimate news occasion occur and have it buried in discussions of hairlines.

Like say someday I want to go back and relive R&L 2014...see what people thought about it. Yeah, good luck with that future me. 

And what about the people who check this place once a week or once a month? It is impossible to keep up with anything when it's buried in that topic.

I like the GD...but i think we should let go for awhile and learn how to make topics again lol. It's stupid to have a message board where everyone posts in 2 fucking threads (the GD topic and the confessions topic) 

• Like 1

It's not a problem to have those casual discussions in there. 

It is a problem to have a legitimate news occasion occur and have it buried in discussions of hairlines.

Like say someday I want to go back and relive R&L 2014...see what people thought about it. Yeah, good luck with that future me. 

And what about the people who check this place once a week or once a month? It is impossible to keep up with anything when it's buried in that topic.

I like the GD...but i think we should let go for awhile and learn how to make topics again lol. It's stupid to have a message board where everyone posts in 2 fucking threads (the GD topic and the confessions topic) 

Yeah. Until lately I never thought real news got buried and didn't receive their own thread, but that's a legit point.

I think the GD has its place. Maybe we just all need to be a little more concious of making new topics if theres actually something important. Im really hating all these new threads though. But if say you wanna discuss one of Toms instagram posts, i feel the gd is perfect for that

I wouldn't have done this, and this topic is the reason why. Too much bullshit drama. You really can't make any major decision around here without people going apeshit.

Why try to fix something that isn't broken? But that's just me. I don't really care that much. Im not sure if Sasha is serious with his posts but they are funny either way.

I wouldn't have done this, and this topic is the reason why. Too much bullshit drama. You really can't make any major decision around here without people going apeshit.

Why try to fix something that isn't broken? But that's just me. I don't really care that much. Im not sure if Sasha is serious with his posts but they are funny either way.

They were meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek, it's just funny how hurt people get on here when you go against the grain, and then they tell you that you're taking things on the internet too seriously.

The thing is it obviously is broken. No one ever makes threads for anything worthwhile. Just bullshit "what's you're favorite x" which leads to literally no discussion just maybe a circle jerk. The GD is annoying to go through if you miss a couple days and wanna see if anything happened in blink world.