The general discussion of blink 182 topic

Mau5

Aria., on 10 Feb 2009 - 8:44 AM, said:

This thread is for you if you are uncertain something is worth making a new post about, if you want to ask simple opinion questions, or if you wanna make a statement expressing your love for blink. Have fun with it and try using this more than you use the new topic button.

With all this sudden influx of thread-worthy blink-182 news, let this be a place of sanctuary for all your general discussion needs. Feel free to post here about things such as Tom's receding hairline, obscure (maybe irrelevant!) ways in which blink-182 are greedy, or maybe even to ask a quick question like which songs you think will be on the setlist of an upcoming show. 

I'll start! 

It seems like it was only yesterday that the 2009 reunion tour was eminent, as blink-182 had just announced that "they were back!"  

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiaeoEj9mFU

Five years has come and gone, and we've had a fantastic roller-coaster of memorable (and forgettable) moments since blink-182 decided to stick around in our lives. It seems that within these last five years, blink-182 has matured in their own unique way; shaping themselves into a band that suits changing musical tastes, career ambitions, individual realities and...well, I guess growing up. 

With that being said, how do you think blink-182 has changed most? Or do you feel like they've stayed stagnant with what their image used to be and represent 5 years ago? What about 10 years ago? 15 years ago? Also, what's the deal with Mark's new blazer??? 

Come across this video at least once a year, awesome stuff especially Down

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4x48KXZhY

Wish that bit at 04:20 turned into a song. Sounds a bit like Box Car Racer. Probably just a simple idea they were working on on tour but I liked it either way

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DO7MWcquNw

Kerrang article should have its own topic, possibly a topic devoted to comparing guitar sounds and their qualities, I really couldn't stand GD, I wish y'all would just make topics and divide them in a way that doesn't mash ideas together and create a panic in my brain. I could actually comprehend what's going on with topics for big ideas and news.

I shoulda posted this in the other topic, but oh well.

that little anecdote about rage against the machine in that kerrang piece is pretty nice. you do things long enough, it all eventually turns into respect.

to respond to the original post, i think it's difficult to evaluate how blink's changed in the half-decade since they've reunited, since they're so secretive about internal tension. there's really no telling how much they've evolved as people, friends, and musicians, but judging from every press article, interview, and video, i'd say things seem pretty good in the band.

the way i'd put this is: are we better with this version of blink-182 than without them? i'd say yes. we got two new recordings, and a lot of the songs from them - GOTDF, natives, after midnight, kaleidoscope, pretty little girl - have become fan favorites. they clearly enjoy performing together. they're older and have changed as people, and it should be obvious that we aren't gonna get the three guys that slept three-across in a bed to record cheshire cat. that's no excuse for their procrastination in the studio, of course, but there's some compromises. i'm glad they're still together and producing music. 

here's a topic: what would we as fans want to see from blink in the next few years?

for me? a kick-ass album (not EP, an album) that rivals untitled. one that defies everyone's expectations and puts blink back in the public eye. a green day american idiot-type reinvention. maybe even a radio single, who knows. i would just like to see blink back in the limelight and making the best music they've ever made.

Let's have a poll about it! Or ban me, I don't know. The place is going to shits if we're deciding that quantity > quality is now somehow better and indicative of the boards 'activity'. But hey, at least Speedo will have a million other threads to comment nonsense on instead of double posting in a select few. 

• Like 1

Yes, I'm "unable" to comprehend the difficult logistics of separation for the sake of simplicity. It's not that I don't agree fundamentally with it, or that it was done without any sort of warning and based on the whim of a select few. I'll go throw my degree in the dumpster now. 

And stop ruining my thread! While this may be the place to start and continue a conversation based on nonsensical and idiotic things, it's reserved strictly to blink-182 themed deliberations. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue this conversation - a function some people simply don't understand.

OR HEY! Make a thread called "Hey Mau5!!!". Oh wait. 

Aria, I like you, and I like how you run this place for the most part. Don't take this personally.

Quality would be an organized blink section with topics about diffrent subjects. Different appearances, articles, big pieces of news, I would fucking love to be able to just find what I'm looking for. General discussion cycles at an insane rate, EVERYTHING gets posted in there and that's bizare to have it all in one thread.

• Like 2