Rediscovered BCR.

decisions

Box Car was originally meant to be an entirely acoustic project, wasn't it?

Though I can't say I'm sad that didn't happen, because the Box Car we got is incredible. But I'd absolutely love for Tom to do more acoustic stuff. His acoustic songs are some of my all-times favorites. There Is, Letters To God, What Went Wrong, I Miss You, Boxing Day, etc... I love them all. I've always wanted more acoustic stuff from him.

I somehow like that there was only one BCR record. It´s such an amazing release and will always stand as one great record without a mediocre follow-up (could be possible).

It would be cool if Tom releases the whole record again but this time 100% acoustic.

That woul be a fan favourite for sure!

And I seems a bit overrated here. It's the safest, most generic pop-punk song on the album and could easily have been on TOYPAJ.

Time limits are a musician's best friend. Give them too much time and they over think everything.

But he didn't really have a time limit; he just went on a creative spree.

Tom really overtook Mark by the end of 2001, obviously shown in 02/03. Not to discredit Mark's Untitled songs as they are amazing, but Tom was coming up with great song after great song. 

Also, it's kind of amazing how many people don't know about BCR. It's kind of like a hidden gem that only blink fans are aware of. 

Edit: Thinking about it, Untitled was much more of a group effort on every single song so ignore the Untitled point.

I almost got the entire chorus to Cat Like Thief tattooed up my side when I was younger. If I hadn't been so broke I would have lol

Box Car Racer is fucking amazing.  I was too young when it was around to experience seeing them, but I watched the Fuse album launch for WDNTW and the best part of that whole thing is when Tom plays There Is.

• Like 2

I almost got the entire chorus to Cat Like Thief tattooed up my side when I was younger. If I hadn't been so broke I would have lol

Box Car Racer is fucking amazing.  I was too young when it was around to experience seeing them, but I watched the Fuse album launch for WDNTW and the best part of that whole thing is when Tom plays There Is.

I hope AVA never stops playing There Is to be honest. I mean, they don't have to play it at every show, but as long as it keeps popping up every once in a while I'll be happy about it. Unless blink wants to start playing it. That would be even cooler. Especially with Travis on drums.

I saw AVA when they were touring for I-Empire and they played My First Punk Song instead of There Is. I was like the only person (that I could see) who knew the lyrics and was singing along.

EDIT: Speaking of Cat Like Theif, when I heard that song for the first time I did not like it. I hadn't listened to Tim Armstrong before and I hated his voice. Now, Cat Like Theif is seriously among my all-time favorite songs. Don't know what changed. I love it. And I like Tim too.

• Like 1