Single Preview "Paralyzed"

Capsov

I actually think this is the best AVA song in a good while. It has a nice groove to it (thanks, Ilan), is a bit more focused on instruments (digging that guitar line during the bridge) and kind of has a "Snake Charmer" vibe to it. I'm just so sick of Tom's infatuation with over the top synth, so even though it's definitely here, I'm liking that it isn't totally overpowering the instruments. I'm also VERY glad it doesn't sound stupidly preachy like many recent AVA songs.

Definitely a step in the right direction, IMO.

the bass line is annoying on purpose.

To clear some things up I co-produced/engineered/mixed this track not Ilan. Every song on this album is different song wise and production wise. This one fits into the more "raw"/rough around the edges category. The concept of dreams was really touched upon with "scene changes" and dichotomies. For example, a light floaty verse with distorted vocals into a heavier chorus with light ambient vocals against a chaotic intro, reintro and outro. In this lies the nightmares vs dreams, awake vs asleep themes with the concept of sleep paralysis. The more you listen the more I hope you'll latch on to the little details.

This song isn't the direction of the album necessarily, but just one cog in a pretty diverse machine. We strived to make this album different from other AVA albums but still familiar. Whether you enjoyed it or not, thanks for listening and stay tuned for more.

Aaron

i'm still not a fan of the song, but knowing the idea behind it makes it interesting.

Album drops on December.

http://propertyofzack.com/post/99325303463/angels-airwaves-stream-paralyzed-from-new-album
Update: The original version of this post stated the album would be released on October 31st. POZ has confirmed the release date will be coming in December.

I was smelling that. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Thats kinda interesting what Aaron said,  I really hate the idea of concept music though.  Just wright what sounds good.

After listening to it a bit more now its not a bad as first thought.  Its still not great though.  Feels very snake charmerish to me, especially the verses

whats up with David. he left? or just stays in the shadow? where's that Mitch dude with tattoos and fire beard, he should ask his macbeth friends or directly David.

as about this song and toms hype, well, once again his mouth wont shut. how many times we will hear that motherfucking riff, its been used to death: secret crowds, snake charmer, apollo and then repeats gotdf riff. fuckingreally? his own words about being tired using the same riffs are bullshit. we will hear the same riffs in every song i bet, plus some guitar parts Rubin wierdo fuck came up to overshadow toms same riffs. its all bullshit when he speaks. typical hype by delonge. 

idea with distortion vocals is pure shit. lyrics, you can't even sing along to that crap. the same riff, but somehow it doesnt lack energy but still feels parts empty, intro should be better. i get it, song about beeing paralyzed, but jes.fuck.christ dont get that lazy singin'. not worst, not bad. 

i dont buy that shit that intro was annoying on purpose, i bet he couldnt come up with something that fits and translates better with a song, so he'll use his words like "art, scene changes and what not" to hide bad structure. that intro doesnt make you feel paralyzed, it makes me want to turn it off.

This song has to be a joke. It literally sounds like every other Angels song ever released and features Tom DeLonge once again recycling guitar riffs...nothing has changed. 

Doesn't really sound like any other AVA song to me.

I think it sounds more similar to snake charmer then ghosts personally. The whole song not the intro

I acknowledge your point mr knapton. I have hardly listened to that song, not a favourite of mine on that album. It would seem that we concur that it sounds more like post breakup blink than AVA though...

heres the lyrics

http://www.angelsandairwaves.com/news/2014/10/07/paralyzed-lyrics

I wake to a fire in the realm
Little lion safe and sound
It's a wild life, so wild crazy
Can not tame the crowd

white feast in the hole your an MIA
A little hell, you gonna pay
you're a whore at home, the telephone
a king that's here to stay

sleep
and awaken to life, for a hell of a ride