Fuck Tom Delonge

Russel Coight

It's not that simple. There's always an expectation of new music involved. That he spends his time & money on AvA makes it seem as if blink fans are in fact supporting blink's demise. If AvA ever takes off (it won't), blink will be gone. That never would have been possible without the injection of new blink money into AvA.

• Like 1

Oh it is that simple.

We can expect all we want. There's no contract that bands have to use the money they're making to make new music with that exact band and nothing else.

Not saying I wouldn't like it if Tom had the same enthusiasm for blink he has for AVA. But I rather have him not half-assing some blink just so we have new blink, but work on a new blink record when he's ready for it. 

• Like 1

But we are the customers. There is no obligation on either side. He doesn't have to make new Blink music and we don't have to remain loyal.

He can do AVA music all he wants, and we are free to have nothing to do with his music and call him an asshole.

In the end, I think will Tom will tank his career. I have no doubt about it. People will only take so much shit before they disengage. It has already begun to happen. Eventually Tom won't be able to fire up the Blink machine to continue to support AVA. When you treat your customers like dogshit and don't give them what they want.....they walk away.

Capitalism will run its course in the end.

• Like 1

And while doing that, he's basically saying "fuck you" to all those who've been supporting him over the years. Did you miss the part where he was taking advantage of blink 182 (our money & commitment) to "follow his dreams" even though we're paying him to make music with blink? We're not in this to help fund Tom's dreams so we have every right to criticize his use of what used to be our money to fund his shitty art projects.

You MADE your own AVA signature.

delonge-with-es333.jpg

Yeah guise, tom never uses blink to support AVA!!

Promote, but as other people have said...it's not the first time any of the members have used their platform to promote things not associated with blink-182 that would give them some sort of financial gain (FSAS, Macbeth, Atticus, etc.) This one instance was just really, REALLY cheeky and shameless. Then again, the dude was completely smashed every night of the tour so I can't say he was in the right frame of mind. 

Guys, I don't know why this needs to be said but, apparently, it does. He isn't using Blink to support AVA. That's a ridiculous notion. Tom has plenty. He'll be fine regardless of Blinks current status. 

Sorry Speedo, going to have to disagree.

Tom does have plenty, but its money he's made with Blink. He would not be fine without Blink's money. Not the way he spends. AVA is a club band that spends money as if its a stadium band.

It's always about money with you guys. Oliver's influence on this place is profound. 

Victory you are much smarter than this. We obviously live in a money driven society and it is amplified 1000 times over when you are part of the 1% (Tom of course is).

No, its not all about money. But business is business. Blink 182 is not fun and games. Its a business. When Tom carves his Thanksgiving turkey dinner with friends, no, that isn't about money. But when he goes to work, generally that is about money.

I don't know about you, but I don't go to work everyday for fun and games.

Promote, but as other people have said...it's not the first time any of the members have used their platform to promote things not associated with blink-182 that would give them some sort of financial gain (FSAS, Macbeth, Atticus, etc.) This one instance was just really, REALLY cheeky and shameless. Then again, the dude was completely smashed every night of the tour so I can't say he was in the right frame of mind. 

The bold, although true, is not part of this argument.

The non bold is correct and proves Ghent's point.

I couldn't care less if they peddle brands or merchandise...It's the fact that Tom peddles another band, which happened to be the band that broke blink up, and has subsequently kept them from doing anything authentic or creative for 5 years after reuniting. 

When Travis hypes his solo shit, it's not a big deal because you know he will always choose blink over anything else. You don't feel used like you do with Tom.

I am actually going to defend Tom a bit. Don't have a problem with promotion either. Didn't really care about the Love shirt.

Yeah, he is using Blink to fund AVA, and its bullshit and Tom is a jerk for that, but I can't say I am being used. He is free to do what he wants. If people don't like it, they should choose to no longer support Tom.

• Like 1