The Dream Walker Official Stream

Capsov

New day, so I gave the album a second chance. I really, really tried to force myself into liking some of the songs but no matter how I try to twist it, it's just not meant to be. Teenagers and Rituals is pretty good, Tunnels is pretty good, Mercenaries has an ok chorus and I like the tone in Tremors but that song gets extremely repetitive very fast (they play the same guitar riff all the time). So, that's two ok songs and a few bits and pieces. This is worse than Love Part 2. It's terrible. Anomaly fucking sucks as Kevin pointed out here:

"anomaly" sounds like something my friend in high school with an acoustic guitar played by the campfire on our senior retreat.

The Disease sounds like something by a completely different band, a band that sucks. Kiss with a Spell is the worst AvA song ever: afte-YER. Shut up Tom. The same with Bullets in the Wind; Tom's pronunciation is unbearable.

And where's The Wolfpack anyway? There's nothing between Paralyzed and Tunnels. When I click "Show Complete Album", it shows up but won't let me listen to it unless I pay for it; even though not only did I preorder the entire album but the song as a single as well (when it was released). And no matter how I try to change its info on iTunes it won't go into the Dream Walker album but rather creates its own. If this were a Windows program, I'd just put them all in one folder and that'd be it. Now I'm not blaming Tom for Apple's shitty software but god. I read Steve Jobs's authorized biography so I know he liked to humiliate and bully people but he's dead now, can't he fucking stop already?

And those folks at theavamovement; are they even listening to the same album?

The good thing about this is that, contrary to what I was afraid of, there isn't really any blink-worthy material here. So, I guess he did save all the best bits for blink. Too bad he burned himself out working on this failure.

i cant say i'm surprised to see so many people disliking this album. i really do enjoy it front to back which i was NOT prepared for. that being said, do i miss tom's guitar filled rock songs? of course. but i'll take this for what it is and roll with it.

i say this a lot. i really wish people could judge new music solely based on what it is and not spend the whole time comparing it to the past. i feel like half of this thread is focused on tom's voice or lack there of. i dont have a problem with his vocals on this album at all. peoples voices change all the time. nothings going to make him sound like 2001 tom ever again. and i'm okay with that. maybe i'm not a mega tom/blink/ava fan like i used to be so i'm not so critical of the whole situation. i'm just happy its a departure from the last few albums (which i also enjoyed thoroughly).

Finally had time to really listen to it a couple of times, and I'm really enjoying this record!

Didn't expect to like more than maybe 2-3 songs, but there's absolutely nothing on it I find unlistenable. Still not a fan of Teenagers and Rituals, that song just does nothing for me, but it's still not even nearly as awful (IMO) as, dunno, All That We Are for example.

• Like 1

Im really liking Kiss With A Spell more and more i hear it simply for the feel of a Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins type of track - This album ill agree is definitely different but sadly again i dont think this album will reappear on my itunes after 2013!

I said EXACTLY the same thing about this track on the comments of the song on youtube.

Said it sounded like Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins and I love it. hahahah

I like that Kiss With a Spell is such a different and unique song.  But it still doesn't do much for me, and kind of rubs me the wrong way.  However, I can see why fan would like it, I can see that there definitely is an appeal there for a certain audience, unfortunately I don't fall under that audience for that particular song.  But I like that Tom did something so different with that song, I'd like to see him continue to try such new and unique things, sure some might not work, and some might work for only certain people, but at least that's the kind of stuff that stands out and doesn't fall under the category of 90% of AVA songs sounding so dang similar.

yeah i actually really like kiss with a spell but more so because of the instrumental section than anything else. its totally 80s inspired. i love that synth sound. its just epic and i actually crave more music like that.

My thoughts exactly. I love the music. Reminds me of an 80s sci-fi movie. Haha.