The Dream Walker Official Stream

Capsov

Ive listented to this LP all evening and it's a decent listen but i must admit i like Mercenaries, and a few song like BITW and Anomaly are OK purely because as people say there different like U2 Garbage and what not but im not gonna lie, im just more than happy that come the end of the week AVA hype should be over and in the new year.

Blink 182

or so we hope....

• Like 2

So after a few listens here is my first days take. The style of the album is much different than I thought it would be. For the most part this doesn't even really sound like AVA.....it's almost like it is a different band.

This does feel like several steps in another direction. That being said I can tell there was a tremendous amount of detail put into every part and melody of every new song I heard today. In fact I feel that almost every new song is better than all the singles except Tunnels.

As a whole there isn't an "All The Small Things" or "Adventure" on this album but I can currently count (on my scale) about 5-7 songs that are an 8/10 or better. Only time will tell and I am well aware how time can really change a view on an album. But as of today I honestly feel TDW as a whole is Angels and Airwaves best work and best album. 

Also, one of the things I'm the most excited about and I would think a lot of blink fans would be as well is....Tom got out of his comfort zone and did some pretty cool stuff. This mentality should carry over to the next Blink album and ultimately this wait has given him time to add things to his arsinal that will make the next blink album much better than it would have been if he wrote it a year ago.   

It's fantastic... And so different from anything he's ever done. Pretty crazy to hear Tom do a song like that.

think about "watch the world", that's pretty similar.

anomaly is absolutely the best song on this album anyway

(i've listened all the tracks once only, but anomaly was on replay for 15 times... i don't even care about the other songs.)

My fav songs from this album in no particular order:

Paralyzed

Mercenaries

Bullets In The Wind (The lyrics are silly, but the music sounds fresh and "modern")

The disease

Anomaly

It surprises me that a lot of you guys seem to like "The Wolfpack", i personally don't like it because it sounds like your typical  post WDNTW AVA song which isn't a good thing.