The Dream Walker Official Stream

Capsov

I really like the 6 songs we hadn't heard yet. Maybe The Disease is a big weaker. Kiss With a Spell and Anamoly are my favorites, opening track and Mercenaries are decent as well but I think Mercenaries is a bit of a clusterfuck so not the best lol. I might just take Paralyzed and The Wolfpack off... Maybe I listened to those too much before hand

Production is pretty shite half the time lets hope blink actually gets a producer and some other crew so tom doesn't want aaron to help out

Wouldn't say its the best AVA work but at least its a change and has some songs I love in there

Kiss With A Spell was something I really didn't expect to come out of an AVA record - really cool first listen. Gave me a bit of a Shoegazing genre feel, accompanied by some creative electronic work by Ilan. Tom really lucked out with Ilan being on board with the project, his influence is all over the place. His drumming had me lost in 'The Disease', where Trent Raznor obviously taught Ilan a thing or two in his time with NIN. 

With that being said, I think I really enjoyed this album because it took me off guard. I've always been slightly disappointed with every subsequent record AVA has put out since WDNTW- mostly because of his inability to progress himself as a musician. It's the first record Tom has actually taken someone else's advice and perspective to heart since probably blink's Self-Titled. In the end, while I don't think it's the absolute best, it's taken my pessimistic expectations of AVA and given me a pleasant surprise with the new record. With that being said...is it even really Angels and Airwaves anymore? 

It is weird how much opinions differ.

I honestly think Kiss with a Spell is a really standout track.
Im a fan of Peter Gabriel and Phil collins though which is probably why I like this track so much...I feel like it sounds like a rad 80s song.
Anomaly is great too.

My rankings of AVA albums is a bit weird also...

I would say...

1. I Empire/Love part 2 tied
2. Dream Walker
3. We Dont Need to Whisper
4. Love part 1

Kiss With A Spell was something I really didn't expect to come out of an AVA record - really cool first listen. Gave me a bit of a Shoegazing genre feel, accompanied by some creative electronic work by Ilan.

you may have to go back and research what shoegaze is (for reference, see the slowdive picture in my signature). if that song is shoegaze, depeche mode might as well be shoegaze too. it is one of the better songs on the album, though.

i think if they removed paralyzed, tremors, anomaly, and disease; i would be okay with the rest of it.

Hey now, I love AvA.  WDNTW is one of my favorite albums still. I love I-Empire, and bits of both LOVEs.

I'm just saying that, to normal people, who it seems like Tom wants to resonate with, his newest musical efforts sound childish and shallow.

13 Miles isn't Blink's(or Mark's) newest musical endeavor.

I really really really like the album. It's darker than the other ones. I thought I was gonna be done with AVA after Love Pt II, which was extraordinarily awful, but I love this one. Does anyone know of a website with all the lyrics? I like listening to albums with the lyrics in front of me when possible.

you may have to go back and research what shoegaze is (for reference, see the slowdive picture in my signature). if that song is shoegaze, depeche mode might as well be shoegaze too. it is one of the better songs on the album, though.

i think if they removed paralyzed, tremors, anomaly, and disease; i would be okay with the rest of it.

Slowdive is one of my favorite bands lol, I know who they are. And that's sort of funny, because I was going to make the comparison of Depeche Mode on first listen, but I thought that Ilan brought a certain...atmospheric feel with the electronics and the delayed guitar...obviously it wouldn't slip exactly into Shoegaze but that's why I said it gave me a shoegaze-esque feel, something that is miles ahead of anything else Tom has released before which makes it quite unique in itself. 

itunes just isn't a good benchmark for album performance...it's honestly not impressive. so many shitty albums skyrocket on there when there is minimal competition and are never heard from again. Neighborhoods was #1 on like every chart and had almost zero interest afterwards and barely made it past 40 on Billboard.

Pentatonix christmas album is the #1 album right now on itunes. 

On the rock album charts, Fleetwood Mac greatest hits, released in 1988 is #11. 

• Like 1

they're #1 in rock and #5 overall on itunes. pretty damn impressive. i could see this album hitting a lot more of the non blink fans/casual crowd

Well, it's the first AVA album I've purchased since I-Empire, and it's not even just the casual fans; I think a fair number of blink fans who lost interest in AVA may pick this up as well.

I wouldn't say its unimpressive, but at the same time I agree that it's not really much of a milestone for any established band this day and age. With that being said, if they're considering themselves independent then it's an achievement - though blink-182 money is hardly independent.