blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

tom had been fucking with the band for years. he promised the new album, he stated when they start it. then he delayed it again ad again...

travis put blink-182 on the musink line-up. it was probably a test, a bit of pressure on tom to see his reaction. obviously tom's manager said he don't have time for this.

so mark and travis decided to stop this nonsense, and kicked tom out of the band. finally, they did something after years of tolerating tom's bullshit.

i'm sure they can work without tom, so the announcement is serious. but it can be interpret as just a warning to tom. there's no other way to talk to him, only fatal statements work.

tom's reaction is despair. he blames the press instead of blaming himself. but he probably realize it had to happen.

the future is open. maybe tom is getting back (but this should mean he drops his management and slows down the ava hype). or maybe he's out for good.

from blink subreddit

It sounds like Mark and Travis used it as a wake up call for him. If anything id say he sent that email about the indefinite time off from blink, thinking they'd keep it in house. He's probably jerked them around so much with cancellations and trying to schedule they put out a press release knowing itd blow up. They never said they kicked him out or he quit, they used his words against him in the email that he sent before. So they can say "no hard feelings" "we never kicked you out or said you quit" What they did do was make it clear that he's not committing to the band so it looks like he's quit and now he's getting backlash. If he was actually upfront with the other two rather than hiding behind emails and management they'd probably have more respect for him

Gah. I was incredibly sad and pissed about hearing that Tom was out of the band, but now him saying he's still in but hardly available this year means the band is going to keep leading me on for the foreseeable future. I was somewhat relieved that all of this crap was coming to an end, as much as I hate the idea of blink without Tom.

• Like 3

the way i see this going is they play this upcoming show with skiba, and then go home until tom wants to be in the band again. 

i really, really hope this isn't the case. but i think it will be. mark says his blink for life tweet to assure people that the band isnt going away like it did last time. but i guess we'll see later if he goes on kroq

• Like 2