blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Woah, its been years since I posted here, but once I heard the news I had to come to the good old blink-boards. I think that Mark and Travis have been "covering" for Tom for awhile now. I feel like Tom hasn't been 100% into Blink since before the first reunion. Its obvious that M&T genuinely love playing and love blink and it sees like Tom is just in it for financial reasons. Using Blink as a platform to make all of his "side projects" bigger and gain more fans.

kind of crazy this is the last real blink show. because while i'm excited for what's in store, tom won't let them use the blink name, and travis and mark definitely thought ahead. it'll be blink with matt skiba, so the blink-182 thing is dead and gone now.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODvA7cFg18

Has your travelling touring settled down now?

yeah ive got a few weeks between runs. all upcoming tours are being routed and booked now. were still doing weekend warriors and one off but right now the main act im with is just writing and releasing music instead of touring. the good thing about my 5 other acts is i do it from a computer so i can do it anywhere. things will pick up in a month or so but in the meantime im trying to merge with another major production and touring company and take on new clients. some even managing, not just TM'ing.

just thought id pop by here after hearing this news. honestly didnt believe it for the first 30 seconds when i first heard news. 

i'm so glad all of this is happening. the only downside is that we won't get anymore news until that show in march. even by then, who knows if they will have the future of blink figured out. especially if they are planning on doing a bunch of legal shit surrounding the band name. yeah, tom might make a statement way before then with his side of the story, but i don't even give a shit about that.

yeah ive got a few weeks between runs. all upcoming tours are being routed and booked now. were still doing weekend warriors and one off but right now the main act im with is just writing and releasing music instead of touring. the good thing about my 5 other acts is i do it from a computer so i can do it anywhere. things will pick up in a month or so but in the meantime im trying to merge with another major production and touring company and take on new clients. some even managing, not just TM'ing.

just thought id pop by here after hearing this news. honestly didnt believe it for the first 30 seconds when i first heard news.

Ah nice. After all that travelling probably good to get ur feet planted for a bit haha

I always felt like everything was off, even felt like DED was sort of a mess and not collaborative, but what I got wrong and what seems pretty clear to me now is, Mark's head. I couldn't understand why he wasn't into the live banter anymore and things like that, but now it's obvious. If you treat me like shit and then go out on a stage with me in front of thousands of people and act like my best friend, I'm not going to be capable of playing along.

Finally... I waited for this to happen since a year or so. Everything about Tom and his attitude towards Blink was so obvious.

Hope he just runs out of money, has to stop all of his AVA shit and realizes what kind of fucked up person he turned into.

The Tom DeLonge I was a fan of disappeared in late 2004 and sadly never came back. 

STILL pretty in awe of this, honestly. very good to see mark/travis grow some balls and tell it like it is.

tom's been trending all day, and that RS article seems to be circulating widely. their most two recent blink stories are their top-read stories. people still care about this band, and it's a shame tom couldn't get it together.

• Like 1