blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

I'm not saying I necessarily like the idea, but it would take pressure off Matt so he wouldn't have to be the "new Tom."

Nah, Marks already outright said that Matt isn't going to come in and be 'the new Tom'. He's going to come in and be Matt and do his own thing. Nothing to worry about chap.

I still haven't listened to blink.

Find myself listening to Alk Trio. Anyone else? I like them better than I thought or is it my brain just fucking with me because of Matt Skiba? Anyway I'm sounding him out and i quite like him

Been listening to both mate. Ive been an Alk3 fan almost as long as I've been a Blink fan. Gonna be listening to +44 on the way home tonight though.

They could do a McBusted and have 4 guitar players and 2 bassists...

edit: I've just realised that will only make sense to about 3 people.  

Haha!! That would be shit! ...a bit like McBusted though! (Although, i kinda like some of their songs....dont hate me!)

I suppose that's the key. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited that somethig is actually happening and we aren't just dwelling anymore. But I'm personally not expecting a super active band and new music almost every year.

Nah, i think they're going be way more active. I reckon we'll have an EP then a full album this year. Assuming things with Matt work out and they all have a good working schedule. I've never been convinced that Mark has writers block like a lot of people are have been saying, i think it all boils down to Tom's way of working (or not working as is the case!)

Yeah, how about all the critter episodes and albumlaunch.  It seems like they really did enjoy living together in that house recording that album, they were together for like 9 months non stop just working on that album, and then toured extensively afterwards.  And it was during the extensive touring that things must have have started to really sour.

cheetah*

Yeah, how about all the cheetah episodes and albumlaunch.  It seems like they really did enjoy living together in that house recording that album, they were together for like 9 months non stop just working on that album, and then toured extensively afterwards.  And it was during the extensive touring that things must have have started to really sour.

Yeah, that was a weird question. Even if Box Car made things weird for a bit, they definitely had regained their friendship through Untitled. I don't think people need to revise history for before the original breakup. Unless the guys were genius-level actors or something, they were actual friends and not just playing for the cameras while secretly hating each other.

glad im not alone! although, i thought you'd be a fan, im sure i remember you being a busted fan too!

God yeah. Love busted. I would say it's a guilty please but there no guilt.

Anyway back to blink. When is this show they're playing? March?